Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Would love to see this implemented into the system on Windows phone, this is available on the Windows store but it does not work within the system, only as a standalone messaging app.

wp_ss_20130205_0001.jpg
    Last edited by nokiageek; 02-05-2013 at 06:16 AM.
    Thanked by:
    greynightshirt likes this.

Global Posts
    1,063 Global Posts
    T9 Keyboard

You can add your voice to the above

I totally agree. I do not think i will continue with WP unless i can get a T9 keyboard that is able to intergrate with the messaging. I have tried the stand alone app which is good but too awkward. I will, with regret, leave and go back to android unless Microsoft introduce this in the very near future.

Global Posts
    1,587 Global Posts
    What am I missing here? What is the need for an alphanumeric pad? You have all the letters, numbers and punctuation in the standard keyboard, organized like a normal keyboard.
    Thanked by:
    xandros9 likes this.

some of the people just have their own weird taste

Global Posts
    335 Global Posts
    Yeah personally I prefer the T9 keyboard. Don't ask me why but I just do.
    It's been fours years since I switched to QWERTZ/QWERTY, but give me a device with a T9 keyboard and I can still type double as fast. The WP keyboard is the best full touch screen keyboard I ever used but I'd still be very happy if they introduced a T9 one.
    instagram.com/greynightshirt

Quote Originally Posted by greynightshirt View Post
    It's been fours years since I switched to QWERTZ/QWERTY, but give me a device with a T9 keyboard and I can still type double as fast. The WP keyboard is the best full touch screen keyboard I ever used but I'd still be very happy if they introduced a T9 one.
    The point is here that go into keyboard settings on your phone and you can download t9 keyboards in Chinese, Japanese, and Korean so why is that when the phone is not a Chinese device. Does not make sense to leave out the English t9 keyboard.

I would like the option at least to be there

Sent from my N101-FreakTab using Tapatalk HD

Ridiculous. We just need custom keyboards, ie. a "lens" for keyboards.

I can't believe there is no t9 keyboard option....with any mobile device it tends to be quicker and easier because you don't need to look at the keys when you are typing as there are less of them. I am really annoyed. I've tried the app but it doesn't integrate into anything so you have to type it out first and then paste it into messaging or email or whatever. It can't be that hard to add it in surely?

this app is great. it's not too bad if you type 1 message and then cut and paste. however, it's very annoying when you're chatting, like on whatsapp, and you have to type continuous amounts of messages. then cutting and pasting becomes annoying. it still beats the **** out of typing on a qwerty keyboard though.

The app is fanatastic, it's windows phone that's stupid for not having t9 as a standard keyboard option. that's the dumbest thing of all.

Not everyone can use a qwerty keyboard. My dad needs a t9 keyboard because his fingers are big and he needs to find the letters which is greatly slowing him down. With T9, the letters are in order (ABC, DEF, GHI...). This is much easier for people that don't use computer keyboards.

Quote Originally Posted by pengfoong View Post
    Not everyone can use a qwerty keyboard. My dad needs a t9 keyboard because his fingers are big and he needs to find the letters which is greatly slowing him down. With T9, the letters are in order (ABC, DEF, GHI...). This is much easier for people that don't use computer keyboards.
    What it comes down to, is preference. I've used computer keyboards for many years and have no problems with qwerty. But imo, t9 is the superior input method for a mobile device. This is probably the feature I miss the most on my otherwise excellent L920.

Yes t9 is the best input method for a phone

Global Posts
    593 Global Posts
    you guys are silly, stop texting while driving

I mean.....i guess some people like the t9....quite frankly though, i feel like thats reverting to dinosour tech. I could not sit there and tap each number a certain amount of times to get the letter. But if it's your preference than i guess they should have a t9 integrated with the phone. You won't ever catch me using it.
    Phone: Lumia 920
    Network: AT&T

"I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party."

Quote Originally Posted by 50000 View Post
    Ridiculous. We just need custom keyboards, ie. a "lens" for keyboards.
    I hope not. Then you get a legal way to make keyloggers. Goodbye all your accounts(including the one that have money on them).

Quote Originally Posted by fredolay69 View Post
    I mean.....i guess some people like the t9....quite frankly though, i feel like thats reverting to dinosour tech. I could not sit there and tap each number a certain amount of times to get the letter. But if it's your preference than i guess they should have a t9 integrated with the phone. You won't ever catch me using it.
    If it ain't broken, don't fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by fredolay69 View Post
    Not exactly. No need to, say, press 2 three times to get the letter c. If I am typing a word I just press the buttons that the letters are on once and the phone automatically guess the word. So if I want to type the word car I press three buttons just like I would on a QWERTY. If there is another word with that same combination of keys I just press next and get the word I want. If used correctly, T9 is by far the best input method. I mean you have to deal with only half the number of keys and they are twice as big. Hope MS gives us this option.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsen Avagyan View Post
    Not exactly. No need to, say, press 2 three times to get the letter c. If I am typing a word I just press the buttons that the letters are on once and the phone automatically guess the word. So if I want to type the word car I press three buttons just like I would on a QWERTY. If there is another word with that same combination of keys I just press next and get the word I want. If used correctly, T9 is by far the best input method. I mean you have to deal with only half the number of keys and they are twice as big. Hope MS gives us this option.
    EExactly. Calling it "dinosaur tech" is pretty lame. T9 is far more efficient.
    I agree with bringing T9 back. Although I'm perfectly fine with how it is now, t9 is faster and definitely (then) seems alot faster than typing on these or any other phones keyboard.

Also didn't T9 do predictive text?
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    4,476 Global Posts
    While I agree with your sentiments and wouldn't mind T9 myself, I think it has gone the way of the dodo.

"Fortune cookie said: 'Outlook not so good'. I said: 'Sure, but Microsoft ships it anyway'."

The qwerty keyboards are fine if you have small girlish hands, but anyone else finds it a problem. Also, anyone who texts while walking (which is everybody) will find the qwerty keyboard too fiddly.

Global Posts
    593 Global Posts
    I'm a huge dude, i have no problems with qwerty

Global Posts
    2,431 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nokiageek View Post
    The point is here that go into keyboard settings on your phone and you can download t9 keyboards in Chinese, Japanese, and Korean so why is that when the phone is not a Chinese device. Does not make sense to leave out the English t9 keyboard.

I would like the option at least to be there

Sent from my N101-FreakTab using Tapatalk HD
    everyone is entitled to their opinion. I persoinally have no use for a T9 keyboard because I never liked it on my feature phones and I hated pressing the phone numbers rtepeatedly to type a word. Again thats just my opinion fo me. To state that youre giving up on windows phone because they domnt have that option is in my own opinion ridiculous!
    Your smartphone is only as smart as YOU let it be!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast