Wp8 auto wifi off fix

bluesingas

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
So I did a fresh reset on my lumia 820 and now wifi doesnt turn off then I lock the phone. I dont have Portico installed. So what the ****? Is that some kind a fix or what?

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Not sure. Give it a while to see if WiFi does indeed stay on under screen lock. I know on mine that WiFi will sometimes remain on but most of the time is turned off.

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
If something is using data (running app, streaming audio, etc) then the WiFi connection won't be killed. It also doesn't get killed when plugged in to external power.

Leave it off for a good minute or so before making a judgement, it doesn't disconnect immediately.

philpeeps

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Well, it doesn't actually disable the switch. So when the screen turns off and the phone is idle, it will disconnect from wifi and when you turn the screen on, it will reconnect after a few seconds. Is that what you are seeing?

bluesingas

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Yes thats right. The point is that before reset wifi was switching off the I locked the phone. After reset I restored my apps, messages and other stuff that was on backup. I dont have Portico installed, there isnt any settings of keeping wifi on then screen turns off.

philpeeps

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
I know what I see
No need to get snotty. You haven't done a very good job of clarifying what you see up to this point and many folks didn't realize how it even worked pre-portico. I was just trying to bring a clear picture to the thread by asking questions.

Hope you find a fix. But if you don't, what is the concern? I would have loved this "glitch" pre-portico.

bluesingas

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
No need to get snotty. You haven't done a very good job of clarifying what you see up to this point and many folks didn't realize how it even worked pre-portico. I was just trying to bring a clear picture to the thread by asking questions.

Hope you find a fix. But if you don't, what is the concern? I would have loved this "glitch" pre-portico.
Yep, I tried to experiment with this "glitch", I plugged the power source and after a minute plugged it off. Now the phone turns off the wifi then I turn off the screen... :( Thanks for trying to help. My english isnt very good, sorry for any mistakes I did. Maybe it was just some kind of bug or something...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb