So whats the deal am I able to sync my google calendars to my l920 or not?

zachjjackson

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
So I guess I'm a bit confused, am I able to sync my google calendars to my lumia 920 AT ALL? I know google took away the activesync or whatever but I'm hearing people say there are work around, I just can't seem to figure out how to do it, I know there must be some way.

Vheissu

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
There is no work around necessary, Google extended their Active Sync service until July by then there should be calDav and cardDav support in WP8. So just set up your google account normally.

nokiageek

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
My google calender has sync perfectly, just added google account on my Nokia lumia 620 and all my agenda etc is in the stock calender
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 620 using Board Express

zachjjackson

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
There is no work around necessary, Google extended their Active Sync service until July by then there should be calDav and cardDav support in WP8. So just set up your google account normally.

hmm I guess I'm doing something wrong then...So all I need to do is add my google accounts (which it already is) and the calendar will automatically sync? what about shared calendars?

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Works fine for me, make sure IE on your phone is set to mobile mode and go to http://m.google.com/sync/settings and login with your Google credentials.

I no longer get that... it just gives me a generic page that says to see if your phone is supported go to m.google.com/sync on your computer.

This is something I set up a long time ago to get all my shared calenders so something has changed.

zachjjackson

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
Works fine for me, make sure IE on your phone is set to mobile mode and go to http://m.google.com/sync/settings and login with your Google credentials.

I no longer get that... it just gives me a generic page that says to see if your phone is supported go to m.google.com/sync on your computer.

This is something I set up a long time ago to get all my shared calenders so something has changed.

^ This....I get the same thing

vedichymn

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site

The URL changed from m.google.com/sync to m.google.com/sync/settings sometime in the past few months, but that's the only change I've seen.

Dumb question, but I'm assuming you're accessing that in IE on your WP8 device? I only get the page you describe if I access it from a PC.

Here's an example of what I see:

j1vVfS4l.png

Last edited:

MF73

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
I think google have changed something, I got my phone in November and went through the process and it worked, had to exchange my phone early in January and never managed to get it working again, kept getting what you see on the updated screen grab. I gave up in the end, exported my calendars out of google and imported to my outlook account, works fine now on my phone, and calendars came through perfect on the export import. Google are pissing me off with there attitude towards windows phone, they used to be open everything, now they have turned into another corporate monster.

philpeeps

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Use a desktop browser with a user agent plugin so you can change it to an iOS Safai user agent, then navigate to the link, perform the required actions and reset the user agent back. It works for me in Chrome with the Chrome UA Spoofer add-in.

ChrisRig

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
Akruto Sync is a program that in a way does what activesync is doing. It will sync tasks, calendar, and contacts directly between lumia 920 and outlook. It works wirelessly, is a full sync solution, including syncing all historical data, does not have any data limits, and works locally on your computer. I personally think it is the best solution out there to sync windows phone with outlook. Hope it helps.

zachjjackson

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
Use a desktop browser with a user agent plugin so you can change it to an iOS Safai user agent, then navigate to the link, perform the required actions and reset the user agent back. It works for me in Chrome with the Chrome UA Spoofer add-in.

Sorry guys I forgot to post back here, but this worked for me! I synced all my google calendars and shared calendars! thanks phil!

Atli Jarl Martin

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
My work account is through Google Apps, I added that account to my 820, checked to sync mail, contacts and calendar, and Bob's your uncle. I control all my G.Apps calendar functions flawlessly through my Lumia.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo