Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By vedichymn

Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    So I guess I'm a bit confused, am I able to sync my google calendars to my lumia 920 AT ALL? I know google took away the activesync or whatever but I'm hearing people say there are work around, I just can't seem to figure out how to do it, I know there must be some way.

There is no work around necessary, Google extended their Active Sync service until July by then there should be calDav and cardDav support in WP8. So just set up your google account normally.

My google calender has sync perfectly, just added google account on my Nokia lumia 620 and all my agenda etc is in the stock calender
    Sent from my Nokia Lumia 620 using Board Express

Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Vheissu View Post
    There is no work around necessary, Google extended their Active Sync service until July by then there should be calDav and cardDav support in WP8. So just set up your google account normally.
    hmm I guess I'm doing something wrong then...So all I need to do is add my google accounts (which it already is) and the calendar will automatically sync? what about shared calendars?

Global Posts
    1,762 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zachjjackson View Post
    hmm I guess I'm doing something wrong then...So all I need to do is add my google accounts (which it already is) and the calendar will automatically sync? what about shared calendars?
    Yes, the default calendar will sync, if you want the shared ones to show up you need to do this: Sync multiple Google Calendars to Windows Phone

Quote Originally Posted by tk-093 View Post
    Yes, the default calendar will sync, if you want the shared ones to show up you need to do this: Sync multiple Google Calendars to Windows Phone
    Just FYI, that article isn't accurate anymore, Google changed the URL for the page you need to access on the phone. Here's some updated instructions:

Set Up Multiple Calendars with Windows Phone - Google Apps Help
    Thanked by:
    Laura Knotek likes this.

Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vedichymn View Post
    Just FYI, that article isn't accurate anymore, Google changed the URL for the page you need to access on the phone. Here's some updated instructions:

Set Up Multiple Calendars with Windows Phone - Google Apps Help
    I don't see how that works either, the mobile sync links say nothing about windows phone, when you click sync with mobile device it only shows android and apple

Global Posts
    1,762 Global Posts
    I don't see how that works either, the mobile sync links say nothing about windows phone, when you click sync with mobile device it only shows android and apple
    Weird.. i'm playing around with it.. I'll let you know what I find.

Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Weird.. i'm playing around with it.. I'll let you know what I find.
    I appreciate it, I love my phone but HATE having to put up with this BS that should be an easy thing to do...

Works fine for me, make sure IE on your phone is set to mobile mode and go to http://m.google.com/sync/settings and login with your Google credentials.

Global Posts
    1,762 Global Posts
    Works fine for me, make sure IE on your phone is set to mobile mode and go to http://m.google.com/sync/settings and login with your Google credentials.
    I no longer get that... it just gives me a generic page that says to see if your phone is supported go to m.google.com/sync on your computer.

This is something I set up a long time ago to get all my shared calenders so something has changed.

Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    I no longer get that... it just gives me a generic page that says to see if your phone is supported go to m.google.com/sync on your computer.

This is something I set up a long time ago to get all my shared calenders so something has changed.
    ^ This....I get the same thing

The URL changed from m.google.com/sync to m.google.com/sync/settings sometime in the past few months, but that's the only change I've seen.

Dumb question, but I'm assuming you're accessing that in IE on your WP8 device? I only get the page you describe if I access it from a PC.

Here's an example of what I see:

Last edited by vedichymn; 02-06-2013 at 03:20 PM.

Global Posts
    1,762 Global Posts
    This is what I see.

screen2.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails screen.jpg  

Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    This is what I see.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	screen2.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	23.8 KB 
ID:	28134

Thats also what I see..

I think google have changed something, I got my phone in November and went through the process and it worked, had to exchange my phone early in January and never managed to get it working again, kept getting what you see on the updated screen grab. I gave up in the end, exported my calendars out of google and imported to my outlook account, works fine now on my phone, and calendars came through perfect on the export import. Google are pissing me off with there attitude towards windows phone, they used to be open everything, now they have turned into another corporate monster.

Global Posts
    657 Global Posts
    Use a desktop browser with a user agent plugin so you can change it to an iOS Safai user agent, then navigate to the link, perform the required actions and reset the user agent back. It works for me in Chrome with the Chrome UA Spoofer add-in.

Akruto Sync is a program that in a way does what activesync is doing. It will sync tasks, calendar, and contacts directly between lumia 920 and outlook. It works wirelessly, is a full sync solution, including syncing all historical data, does not have any data limits, and works locally on your computer. I personally think it is the best solution out there to sync windows phone with outlook. Hope it helps.

Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by philpeeps View Post
    Use a desktop browser with a user agent plugin so you can change it to an iOS Safai user agent, then navigate to the link, perform the required actions and reset the user agent back. It works for me in Chrome with the Chrome UA Spoofer add-in.
    Sorry guys I forgot to post back here, but this worked for me! I synced all my google calendars and shared calendars! thanks phil!
    My work account is through Google Apps, I added that account to my 820, checked to sync mail, contacts and calendar, and Bob's your uncle. I control all my G.Apps calendar functions flawlessly through my Lumia.

Global Posts
    2,698 Global Posts
    I went on that website with my gf's iPhone hoping I could select the additional calendars for my 8X.

I am not able to select my devices from a list anymore. Now all I see is a list of my 4 calendars. They are all selected but I do not see them on my 8X.

It seems like Google has been making a lot of changes in the last few days. I hope this gets fixed soon.

Global Posts
    657 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KoukiFC3S View Post
    I went on that website with my gf's iPhone hoping I could select the additional calendars for my 8X.

I am not able to select my devices from a list anymore. Now all I see is a list of my 4 calendars. They are all selected but I do not see them on my 8X.

It seems like Google has been making a lot of changes in the last few days. I hope this gets fixed soon.
    Have you enabled the sub-calendars on your 8X? Try turning off calendars for your Google account, then adding again. Once you do that, you should be able to see the additional calender toggles to enable or disable the sub-calendars.

Global Posts
    762 Global Posts
    The link for Windows Phone sync on PC is https://m.google.com/sync/settings/iconfig/device
    Only if you used Chrome on PC with spoofing as iPad/iPhone with User Agent Switcher addon. Google is pain in the ***

am I able to sync my google calendars to my 521 lumia or not?
    Thanks

Global Posts
    1,200 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by YOSEF POLLACK View Post
    am I able to sync my google calendars to my 521 lumia or not?
    Thanks
    Make sure you have gotten the GDR3 update, and you're good to go. It was removed in WP8 (short of workarounds), and was re-added back in with GDR3. Works just fine for me, no workarounds needed.