MSFT needs to learn a little

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I was so sad and shocked to see each and every free paper and magazine outside all of the tube stations and bus stations today had a cover page - full sided ads of BB10!

Metro with 4 sides of advert! Men's magazines (didn't get the name) loaded with BB10!

Not saying MSFT hasn't improved, but it hurts to see their campaign die down so quick. BB10 was in carphone warehouse the next day after announcement! People were actually talking! Esp school kids on buses excited to ask for one!

I wish MSFT learnt to promptly deliver and advertise relentlessly. I only have a MBA but would love to see if any marketing folks think differently on the forums.

philpeeps

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
I think we need to disable the reply function and just let everyone start their own thread anytime they want to type something...better yet, just purge the entire forum after a day. Saves the server loads and doesn't change the way things operate around here.

Al_2

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Hmmm. I noticed this in the Metro newspaper today too. The Metro also had BB10 on their front page as an article the day after release. I don't re-call seeing any WP8 adverts in the Metro outside of EE stuff which focussed more on the network rather than the OS.

I'd love to see them do an aggressive marketing push again that covers more than just channel 4 and E4 (only places I've seen it advertised heavily).

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I think we need to disable the reply function and just let everyone start their own thread anytime they want to type something...better yet, just purge the entire forum after a day. Saves the server loads and doesn't change the way things operate around here.

If there is a thread already, mods please merge my post.

I am using WPC app on my Lumia and didn't notice something similar has been posted somewhere as I thought BB10 adverts were quite fresh as of today!

But I do agree the amount of duplicate threads on WPC surpasses any tech forum I've ever visited. I wonder if adverts make so much profit as to keep servers going and pay staff too!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99