Oops? Kids corner gives access to all your pictures

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I can't seem to find a way to remove the 'customize' tile from Kids Corner. Once you tap the customize tile and select 'change background', you can view every single picture in any of your albums. That means kids could end up seeing let's say pictures of their birthday presents.

Is there a way to prevent this tile from appearing or at least to limit access to a subset of 'safe' albums on the phone?

Last edited:

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
My original question still stands, but I edited the post to remove some confusing info. Initially I stated that I had hoped to use kids corner to get quick access to apps that I use often and that don't need to be private (maps, shopping list, weather, radio, etc). This way I wouldn't have to punch in the six-digit company mandated passcode for every little thing. Unfortunately it doesn't work like that on phones that have a lock screen passcode set up. This is apparently by design and it makes some sense. Too bad.

From this post: Kid's Corner having PIN problems? | Windows Phone Central a useful comment by hoopsomuah (edited for brevity)

The behavior is by design and it is not inconsistent:
Kids Corner - Windows Phone 8 Launch LIVE Event 29th October - San Francisco - JOE BELFIORE - YouTube

In this video, Joe Belfiore clearly states that you might need to unlock your phone to let kids use Kid's Corner. If the phone is locked and you enter the pin to unlock a phone for Kid's corner, the phone's main functionality remains locked. If your phone is unlocked and you go to Kid's Corner, it locks access to the phone's main functionality. I assume this is done because some apps in Kid's corner can still reveal information that you might not want people to have if the phone is stolen. It would have been nice to make this optional but combined with EAS policy on the phone, doing that would be non-trivial.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon