5.1 Million Windows Phone Devices Shipped in Q4 2012

lipper2000

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Who knows if any of these are true...I'd imagine it's higher than that globally but that's just a guess...just like what this analyst is saying

eortizr

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
those numbers means nothing, the keword is 'shipped' devices, no what actally has been sold to the end user, which could easly be around 50% or less of that number

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
I'd be interested in how Canalys gets these numbers. I'm fairly certain surveys will simply not be good enough for a worldwide stat, the numbers would have a relatively high margin of error considering the small market share of Windows Phone and all the adjustments they would have to make for market size and such. Of course, remember the key phrase from the first sentence of their report:
Canalys has published its final mobile phone shipment estimates across the 50+ countries that it tracks.

That said, 86% WP market share owned by Nokia. Ouch. It sure seems like the 8X was a catastrophic flop.

lipper2000

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
I'd be interested in how Canalys gets these numbers. I'm fairly certain surveys will simply not be good enough for a worldwide stat, the numbers would have a relatively high margin of error considering the small market share of Windows Phone and all the adjustments they would have to make for market size and such. Of course, remember the key phrase from the first sentence of their report:

That said, 86% WP market share owned by Nokia. Ouch. It sure seems like the 8X was a catastrophic flop.

I dunno...I read a report in Gizmodo or somewhere that the 8X might have saved HTC for the quarter....it's all guesswork

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
I dunno...I read a report in Gizmodo or somewhere that the 8X might have saved HTC for the quarter....it's all guesswork
That was speculation, as far as I could tell. I'm sure there's a good amount of guessing involved in this Canalys estimate too, but it's not looking like HTC shipped north of a million Windows Phones. Pretty bad for the ecosystem for the signature device maker to have poor results, and I have to wonder how much longer these companies will bother with WP if sales numbers don't grow significantly in the near future.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa