My Apps not updating and not getting a notification that there is an update available.

hazzzman

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
It had been almost a month and I never received any updates for my apps. When I go to the app store and search the apps I have, it shows that there is an update for that certain app. Is anybody else having this issue? What is the fix? It used to put a number on the live tile of app store to tell me there are updates available. I Have location on. Some say you have to do a hard reset and I don't want to do that. Anybody?
Thanks

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
It had been almost a month and I never received any updates for my apps. When I go to the app store and search the apps I have, it shows that there is an update for that certain app. Is anybody else having this issue? What is the fix? It used to put a number on the live tile of app store to tell me there are updates available. I Have location on. Some say you have to do a hard reset and I don't want to do that. Anybody?
Thanks

Do you have a constant internet connection for 24 hours?

My phone updated regularly at around 6.30 but then stopped suddenly. Later somebody wrote, that the store updates most likely only once per day, and if you're not in the window you're just unlucky. So I left WiFi on for a night, and voila, 9 app updates.

takisrock

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Same problem here, with the lumia 820... Only if you which or when and do it manually. any suggestion?
I hope that they should fix that soon...

James8561

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
^yes. someone go tell microsoft.
also my phone only updates apps if i manually go to their page on the store now. the store app doesn't auto check for update anymore :( this sucks. being an enthusiast i like having the lastest and greatest software. microsoft makes this such a hassle

aaa6112

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I began noticing this about 10 days ago. Updates never coming through automatically. I never had this problem during the prior 2 or so months of owning my Lumia 920. Recommend everybody facing this issue tweet @WinPhoneSupport so they are aware that many of us are facing this issue. I am about to.

kellow87

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I've found that just leaving my wifi on for a while it will check eventually. Its really intermittent tho. Hopefully will be sorted in the next update

James8561

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I HAVE FIGURED OUT A SOLUTION TO THIS PROBLEM!
this problem is due to having spotty wifi connections that may disrupt the update checking process.
1. Go into settings.
2. Navigate to wifi.
3. Scroll down. select advanced
4. Uncheck "Keep Wifi on under the lock screen"
5. Restart phone.
6. Leave phone on overnight.

I did this last night and got 20 updates this morning.
PS: of course for this to work you have to have cellular data on always.

aaa6112

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
So I sent a tweet to @winphonesupport and they followed up with me and the steps they provided FIXED this issue for me. Here's what they asked me to do:
Unpin the store tile from the start screen,
Clear IE cache /history,
Soft reset by pressing and holding the vol down and power buttons,
After phone reboots, pin the store live tile back to start screen.
After having done this, I received 5 app updates last night and just received another update a few minutes ago.

Hope this works for others too, good luck!

Thort

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
Thanks aaa6112!
It worked for me to. I did all the steps. I immediately got 13 updates on my Storetile. :smile:
In order to do the soft reset on my Lumia 920 I had to press and hold the volume down and power buttons for ten seconds.

Ixolite

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Gah, I think it borked for me again :-( Not a good solution if I have to unpin and reboot every couple days to just to see the updates. I wish MS actually fixed it.

mmalamos

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi, sorry to dig out this old thread but i am having the exact same issue. Just moved from a Lumia 800 to a 920 and i am not getting any live tile updates. I have to manually open the apps in the market. I tried all suggestions on this thread with no luck. Is there a minimum amount of time you have to wait after the steps above?

Thanks

Victor Starostenko

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Same issue as everyone else. Started about 3 weeks ago. No automatic updates show up in the Store icon. I am only able to update by going to the app's store location and updating manually from there.

Just tried the solution above to no avail.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire