Slight lag in the OS. Kill me now -.-

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
OK so this is driving me to the point of insanity. The UI on my L920 is smooth as butter. But today I've noticed a slight lag in the UI animation. It happens when I click the Messaging Live Tile. The 'swoosh' animation as the tiles 'swoosh' to the left when you tap the messaging tile, well that 'swoosh' makes a slight 'pause', kind of like lag in the animation process. Weirdly it doesn't happen when I press any other live tile and it's extremely jarring.
I tried deleting all messages, restarting but it's still there. It doesn't happen all the time; only about 6/10 times. I only have 3 background agents (weather, list and things and baconit).

DAIMONDY

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Ignore it mate, the more you look for things like this the more you will become frustrated.

Mine does it now and again and it used to bug me but now as time has gone on it doesn't bother me anymore. Its actually one of the first things i made a thread about on here but looking back its stupid really.

Take it from me try and enjoy how much nicer the ui is compared to other phones rather than pick up on silly little stutters or pauses.

I am one of many on here who has posted problems about the L920 but if it doesn't crash, melt or kill itself im happy as Larry with my 920.

Im patiently waiting for some great games (they will come!) and updates and fixes as time goes by.

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I guess if you must have something to complain about...

:D

For what it's worth, I've never had problems or lags playing music off my 820's SD card.

Beast of Haeven

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
For those of us who came from other platforms any micro second of lag isn't a big deal, it may even go unnoticed. For myself and others who have been with WP starting at mango any small stutter is very prominent. I understand why users of high end android devices say their OS doesn't lag...ignorance is bliss =)

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Hmm I haven't noticed this lag on my 8X. I don't think it's a big deal if the rest of the OS is very stable. Now if there's lag when sending a text like what would happen in WM6.5 then it can get annoying.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I've noticed an occasional stutter on an 822 and an 8X, but it's not enough for me to worry about. Overall WP8 is still quite slick.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers