Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    Also cannot push apps from website to phone. Failed to contact phone (both on wifi and cellular), said it was sending email with "instructions" but no email ever arrived. Store is indeed broken today (USA Verizon).
    What kind of negative nonsense is this? It's not like service downtime is exclusive to Microsoft for crying out loud.

Had my Lumia 820 for 3 weeks now and it's everything I expected and so much more. Android and iOS don't come
    close to the experience I'm having with WP8, and mind you, it's only going to get better, and fast.

... and a couple of minutes after the post, the service is up again for my phone here in Iceland. All is good.
    Last edited by Atli Jarl Martin; 02-09-2013 at 09:05 AM. Reason: Update

What gets me is not the fact that I'm inconvenienced, but rather the complete lack of communication. A very simple message through an official channel is all that's really needed. A standard statement that just declares that they're aware of the problem, and that they're working on it is all that's needed. Followed up with a "We'll report more information when we receive it". I seriously am not put out by this, but it's now 1am here in Australia, and it's been down since 5pm yesterday... without a single word from Microsoft. I find that disturbing.

An equally worrying thought is that on our phones, all we get is an error code. Surely in this day and age of 2013, we as a customer should receive a friendlier message that has a proper description of the actual problem followed by the error code. Getting spat an error code at you when you're not tech savvy is actually rather a scary thing, especially when it's as trivial as a service outage.

Does anyone else agree? or should I just except that this is crap that's been happening for years and years and not to expect anything better? All I can say is, this surely doesn't bode well for a company that's already struggling with publicity and adoption numbers for what is a very lovely mobile platform.
    Downloading now after a couple of days of error codes. I have 15 apps to update since I got a new replacement phone yesterday. Didn't work 20 minutes ago but now suddenly it does. Lumia 920 on carrier Telenor in Norway.

Installer a few apps, but it seems to be Down again

Its back up in India....

EDIT

Down again

New Lumia on AT&T here. Downloading apps from marketplace worked fine until this morning. The wife's Lumia and mine receievd the above mentioned error. Then after awhile, my wife was able to download a couple of apps, but now we are both getting the error again. Hopefully that means MS is working on the issue and it will be resolved soon.

Edit: Service is now up. 09Feb2013, 9:15 AM CST

Same here for my Lumia 900 & 920 in Hong Kong
    Banned

Global Posts
    727 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Atli Jarl Martin View Post
    What kind of negative nonsense is this? It's not like service downtime is exclusive to Microsoft for crying out loud.
    Point me towards the last time when the App Store or Play Store went down for an entire day.

Up now from Australia. Both apps in the queue have been downloaded. Happy again :)
    Microsoft Store was down for 2 hours for me. Not an entire day. Just google Google Play and Apple Store downtimes and you get plenty of hits. They're not flawless, not by a long shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Atli Jarl Martin View Post
    Microsoft Store was down for 2 hours for me. Not an entire day. Just google Google Play and Apple Store downtimes and you get plenty of hits. They're not flawless, not by a long shot.
    Just what i was about to write.

I can recall at least a 2 days outage of the Google markeplace when i was on my Desire Z and even longer when i had the HTC hero.

Regardless, it's up again.

Store working again now!

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 620 using Board Express

Nice to see they havent dropped down again with everyone suddently downloading all their queued updates :)
    bawboh86 likes this.

Not working here in Singapore. Can't play some games too. Robotek and some xbox games.

Vietnam, Lumina 620 also happened this issue.

Working again here

I'm having the same issue here in the US. Hopefully in a day or two and the store will be working again. My guess is there was a problem with the servers. This happens all the time for major companies so I wouldn't be concerned.

Havin same issue in Dubai too its been more den 7 hrs nw

Global Posts
    792 Global Posts
    Working in Greenville, TX again.
    Quote Originally Posted by M Muzzamil Luqman View Post
    facing same problem in france on Lumia 920 via wifi and 3G ...

btw did MS announced it in advance?
    working fine now ... just installed an application.

Fixed in the Netherlands as well, only slow as a snale
    bawboh86 likes this.
    In Poland it's working again, i'm already downloading file from store :) Greets

Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    Working here in the uae.

Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Hi..
    I am from India, AIECEL,Chennai
    It was not working for some time, just now when I tried, it is down loading the APPS
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast