Error code 805a0193 anyone?

wpzn

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
Re: Error code 805a0193

You sir just hit the nail directly on the head.
Its such a pain in the a** that wp is so bad constellated and even people with a developer's device cannot develop good system near apps because ms keep their codes for themself.
Atleast this wouldn't be a problem if MS would create some good apps but just look at the Facebook or PDF reader app..
I would say, that ms just screw up all their followers with such foolish moves.

My first device was a htc desire hd with android. After i learned to play around with rooting and flashing my desire hd i felt more and more in love with my dhd.
Androids power combined with the really nice building quality of my dhd makes me buy another htc device.
My eyes were catched by a wonderful blue device. - htc windows phone 8x
Just the optic makes me buy this device.

Now, after like 1&1/2 month, the blue color of my device rub off (its no dirty, its a know problem) and i learned to know the OS..
I wish i had buy an android phone..

Wp is not a OS for people who have had Android before.

Martyy1

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
Hi Guys,

Just got a Lumia 620. after a day rec'd same message. However, I was downloading apps and updating all day yesterday. Turns out I used up my whole ?10 payg allowance on data charges.
Turned off network Data and Roaming intending to use my home wifi.
Anyway, connected to my home wifi to carry on d/loading and rec'd the same error message.
Seems even though my phone connects to my home wifi, the app store does not use it and I cannot find anywhere in the settings to set it as my preferred option.

Sorry its not a solution, but it may help explain some of your issues.

MKairys

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Also cannot push apps from website to phone. Failed to contact phone (both on wifi and cellular), said it was sending email with "instructions" but no email ever arrived. Store is indeed broken today (USA Verizon).

Atli Jarl Martin

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
What kind of negative nonsense is this? It's not like service downtime is exclusive to Microsoft for crying out loud.

Had my Lumia 820 for 3 weeks now and it's everything I expected and so much more. Android and iOS don't come
close to the experience I'm having with WP8, and mind you, it's only going to get better, and fast.

... and a couple of minutes after the post, the service is up again for my phone here in Iceland. All is good.

Last edited:

Lewk86

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
What gets me is not the fact that I'm inconvenienced, but rather the complete lack of communication. A very simple message through an official channel is all that's really needed. A standard statement that just declares that they're aware of the problem, and that they're working on it is all that's needed. Followed up with a "We'll report more information when we receive it". I seriously am not put out by this, but it's now 1am here in Australia, and it's been down since 5pm yesterday... without a single word from Microsoft. I find that disturbing.

An equally worrying thought is that on our phones, all we get is an error code. Surely in this day and age of 2013, we as a customer should receive a friendlier message that has a proper description of the actual problem followed by the error code. Getting spat an error code at you when you're not tech savvy is actually rather a scary thing, especially when it's as trivial as a service outage.

Does anyone else agree? or should I just except that this is crap that's been happening for years and years and not to expect anything better? All I can say is, this surely doesn't bode well for a company that's already struggling with publicity and adoption numbers for what is a very lovely mobile platform.

randomscandinavian

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Downloading now after a couple of days of error codes. I have 15 apps to update since I got a new replacement phone yesterday. Didn't work 20 minutes ago but now suddenly it does. Lumia 920 on carrier Telenor in Norway.

Mike Fait

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
New Lumia on AT&T here. Downloading apps from marketplace worked fine until this morning. The wife's Lumia and mine receievd the above mentioned error. Then after awhile, my wife was able to download a couple of apps, but now we are both getting the error again. Hopefully that means MS is working on the issue and it will be resolved soon.

Edit: Service is now up. 09Feb2013, 9:15 AM CST :grin:

Atli Jarl Martin

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
Microsoft Store was down for 2 hours for me. Not an entire day. Just google Google Play and Apple Store downtimes and you get plenty of hits. They're not flawless, not by a long shot.

jackbrennan

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
Microsoft Store was down for 2 hours for me. Not an entire day. Just google Google Play and Apple Store downtimes and you get plenty of hits. They're not flawless, not by a long shot.
Just what i was about to write.

I can recall at least a 2 days outage of the Google markeplace when i was on my Desire Z and even longer when i had the HTC hero.

Regardless, it's up again.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss