Receive Twitter Notifications from People Hub

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I added a Twitter account to my 920 and can see the feed of news items in the People Hub, but cannot work out how to get notified when new items occur - not posting on my wall, but other walls.

Is this possible or do I need to look at the Twitter app or somewhere else?

Thanks

neyouk

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Not quite sure what you mean... Pinning your own tile will show @replies and FB notifications... Don't know if that helps?

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
In the people hub on the what's new tab I can see news articles - twitter posts - but I want to get notified when they occur.

TheLuminis620

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
The People Hub won't give you any notification, just a heads up on the tile if you receive a reply or a post or anything. But then, the tile will update itself every half an hour so if you're in a conversation you may have to look into the People Hub every single time since it won't provide you any toast notification whatsoever. However, that can be overcome by downloading the official Twitter app. It doesn't matter if you don't want to use the official app, but for the sake of getting a notification, not bad.

The way I work mine out is get a toast notification from the official Twitter app. and reply or post in the People Hub ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss