Good ol' Joe Belfiore believes in WP8 and Windows so much he is posting from Android

sd4f

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
Now Joe Belfiore has no excuse. WP8 can easily be as good as android, and with a bit of effort, surpass it. At the moment, it needs a couple of features thrown in, and a fair bit of polishing. I hope Joe Belfiore sees that, and get the WP8 team to work on those things, it would also be very good if some sort of commitment was made to bring out some of those features and tweaks, rather than just checking out the competition.

anon(1019781)

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
The problem that nobody in this thread is mentioning is the fact that WP8 has drastically less features than every other competitor including Symbian phones and when you're a WP8 user and you see the man behind this OS using another phone, well, I can see why some people would consider it insulting, despite the logic behind it.

lipper2000

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
The problem that nobody in this thread is mentioning is the fact that WP8 has drastically less features than every other competitor including Symbian phones and when you're a WP8 user and you see the man behind this OS using another phone, well, I can see why some people would consider it insulting, despite the logic behind it.

While there might be some features missing depending upon who you ask, it's always a case of which features are really needed and which are not. People on forums have no idea how product management works and that one of the biggest killers of a product is adding features upon features...simple is killer and also the most difficult thing to achieve...
I'm not arguing the platform couldn't use a notification centre or a particular feature I'm just stating that I personally would not want to get like Android or windows mobile in the past or even the old BB OS (prior to BB10) which had an insane amount of settings that 99% of people never would use in a million years.

anon(1019781)

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
one of the biggest killers of a product is adding features upon features...simple is killer and also the most difficult thing to achieve...
Is that why Android has 53% of the US Smartphone market? Too many features?

Nobody is going to use Windows Phone if it can't do most of what the competition can do, at the very least.

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Is that why Android has 53% of the US Smartphone market? Too many features?

Nobody is going to use Windows Phone if it can't do most of what the competition can do, at the very least.

Android has the lions share of the market because it came out when the only other viable option was the iPhone. Blackberry was still woefully dated and both Apple and Blackberry sold their own OS only on their own phones.

The field was WIDE open for a one-size-fits-all smartphone OS that any OEM could use. Google stepped in with Android and soon had a huge selection of phones with different form factors and hitting the whole range of price points.

You walk into a phone store and you are surrounded by 25 Android phones, two iPhones against a wall out of the way, maybe one Blackberry and if you're lucky 2 Windows Phones tucked away on another wall. It actually takes effort NOT to buy an Android phone. You have to go out of your way not to buy one.

So, that is why they have so much marketshare. Don't kid yourself that it's because you can see the file system, or because you can root them or because of Google Now or something. Most people never use 80% of their smartphones features. Most of the people out there buying millions of Galaxy S3's didn't choose them because of some extra bullet points on a list versus a Windows Phone or an iPhone. They don't know. They don't care. They just see a big shiny phone with a huge screen with a big tacky blue sky and sun on it that looks a lot more visually stimulating than their old iPhone with its tiny screen.

Does Android have more capability and features? Yes absolutely, but most of them are meaningless to non-power users, which is the vast majority. People buy Androids because they are everywhere you look, at every carrier and at every price point. Period.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
PDF reader has been performing on par with the WP7 adobe since the latest update. I also like that PDF files can now be uploaded to SkyDrive straight from WP which is something I couldn't do on WP7.
no it doesn't.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petazinta