WeChat 4.0 - Now with HD Video Chat

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Only if this was popular on other OS that my friends use. But they have better Viber, Skype and Whatsapp support so they don't even notice that this exists!

afgzee

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Well tell them to use it and then when you need to talk to them send them messages on this rather then WhatsApp, it'll get them into the flow to use it, and even send them video chat requests! This app is so far ahead of WhatsApp and Viber! I got 2 of my friends on Android to use it, and my other friend on iPhone...

afgzee

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Lots of fun social features like Drift Bottle, Shake to find people near you, you can record moments of your daily life and share them with people. The overall experience on wechat is a lot better

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
How exactly? Apart from the obvious advantage of video chat, is there anything else that makes this app better than WhatsApp or Viber?

I will agree with Afgzee's post about that. The over all UI is MUCH cleaner, not jerky at all. Very well made app. It actually looks like the devs showed 10 times more commitment to WP than Whatsapp and Viber devs put together since 2010. There is so much customization available and it's fast too. Only down side as I said earlier is, I don't have anyone at all on that app. I only downloaded to see what the fuss is about and I'm very pleased with this app. This is how Viber, Whatsapp and Skype should have been :(

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
I will agree with Afgzee's post about that. The over all UI is MUCH cleaner, not jerky at all. Very well made app. It actually looks like the devs showed 10 times more commitment to WP than Whatsapp and Viber devs put together since 2010. There is so much customization available and it's fast too. Only down side as I said earlier is, I don't have anyone at all on that app. I only downloaded to see what the fuss is about and I'm very pleased with this app. This is how Viber, Whatsapp and Skype should have been :(
great. will check it out.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
How's the app overall? Any issues? I can force 1 or 2 people to switch to it but I don't want to find out later it sucks on WP8

I can't see any issues at all right now! I've invited a few friends to use this so will find out how the notifications are. That is my main concern. But the app comes with lockscreen support too, so that is a huge plus over Whatsapp, just like LINE.
It has double wide tile and facebook log-in. So ideally it is very easy to find friends who use this app. I added my fb account and address book. Out of about 740 people in total, I only found 3 who already use this app :(

christenmartin

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Used this app a couple of times mainly for video chat. Works really good, UI is very functional and well thought out. Much better than skype, which is weird.

NokiaLover

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
I just tried out this video call on both Nokia 920, The video look much better than Skype. I can't believe that Skype on iPhone works even better than WP.
Come on Microsoft, if MS wants to beat apple iPhone you need to speed up the process and do better job with Skype, It's been too long already.
If Skype is good then we don't even need other chat apps (WhatsApp, Viber or Tango) because Skype is available on all mobile phones include PC or MAC.
I did swap my i5 and my dad's i4s for Nokia Lumia 920s.

ttxzee

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
it's developed by Chinese people and it's on WP7.8/8, ios and android. very popular in china almost everyone with a smart phone uses it.

deadwrong03

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
i use it on 7.8 this app would be great if more americans actually used it im tired of using it to meeet new people and its only bringing up people overseas in china somewhere smh

afgzee

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
i use it on 7.8 this app would be great if more americans actually used it im tired of using it to meeet new people and its only bringing up people overseas in china somewhere smh

Well spread the word, this app is 100 times better than WhatsApp and 1000 times better than Viber for WP, they have put hard work into WP version and deserve the credit. Me and my friends now use it to communicate, rather than WhatsApp.

deadwrong03

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
believe me i spread the word on twitter facebook and everywhere i even have the developer of the app following me on twitter and talks to me in the app itself ive been praisin this app since i discovered it on windows phone its gonna take alot of people to spread the word tho

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs