Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 20 of 20
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By afgzee
  1. afgzee's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    437 Posts
    Global Posts
    508 Global Posts
       #1  
    Just upgraded to WeChat 4.0 for Windows Phone 8 and can now see that they've added HD Video chat option. Check it out, no need to wait for viber or tango and these other apps!

    WeChat | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United Kingdom) (UK)

    WeChat | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United Kingdom) (US)

    Or just search WeChat in the app store.
    Thanked by:
  2. #2  
    Only if this was popular on other OS that my friends use. But they have better Viber, Skype and Whatsapp support so they don't even notice that this exists!
    Patient Windows Phone User since October 2010 till cores and apps do us apart.

    Read the rules before you post. If you post, we will assume you've read this already.
  3. afgzee's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    437 Posts
    Global Posts
    508 Global Posts
       #3  
    Well tell them to use it and then when you need to talk to them send them messages on this rather then WhatsApp, it'll get them into the flow to use it, and even send them video chat requests! This app is so far ahead of WhatsApp and Viber! I got 2 of my friends on Android to use it, and my other friend on iPhone...
  4. ammarmalik2011's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    712 Posts
    Global Posts
    727 Global Posts
    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by afgzee View Post
    This app is so far ahead of WhatsApp and Viber! I got 2 of my friends on Android to use it, and my other friend on iPhone...
    How exactly? Apart from the obvious advantage of video chat, is there anything else that makes this app better than WhatsApp or Viber?
  5. afgzee's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    437 Posts
    Global Posts
    508 Global Posts
       #5  
    Lots of fun social features like Drift Bottle, Shake to find people near you, you can record moments of your daily life and share them with people. The overall experience on wechat is a lot better
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by ammarmalik2011 View Post
    How exactly? Apart from the obvious advantage of video chat, is there anything else that makes this app better than WhatsApp or Viber?
    I will agree with Afgzee's post about that. The over all UI is MUCH cleaner, not jerky at all. Very well made app. It actually looks like the devs showed 10 times more commitment to WP than Whatsapp and Viber devs put together since 2010. There is so much customization available and it's fast too. Only down side as I said earlier is, I don't have anyone at all on that app. I only downloaded to see what the fuss is about and I'm very pleased with this app. This is how Viber, Whatsapp and Skype should have been :(
    Patient Windows Phone User since October 2010 till cores and apps do us apart.

    Read the rules before you post. If you post, we will assume you've read this already.
  7. ammarmalik2011's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    712 Posts
    Global Posts
    727 Global Posts
    #7  
    How's the app overall? Any issues? I can force 1 or 2 people to switch to it but I don't want to find out later it sucks on WP8
  8. ammarmalik2011's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    712 Posts
    Global Posts
    727 Global Posts
    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by rockstarzzz View Post
    I will agree with Afgzee's post about that. The over all UI is MUCH cleaner, not jerky at all. Very well made app. It actually looks like the devs showed 10 times more commitment to WP than Whatsapp and Viber devs put together since 2010. There is so much customization available and it's fast too. Only down side as I said earlier is, I don't have anyone at all on that app. I only downloaded to see what the fuss is about and I'm very pleased with this app. This is how Viber, Whatsapp and Skype should have been :(
    great. will check it out.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by ammarmalik2011 View Post
    How's the app overall? Any issues? I can force 1 or 2 people to switch to it but I don't want to find out later it sucks on WP8
    I can't see any issues at all right now! I've invited a few friends to use this so will find out how the notifications are. That is my main concern. But the app comes with lockscreen support too, so that is a huge plus over Whatsapp, just like LINE.
    It has double wide tile and facebook log-in. So ideally it is very easy to find friends who use this app. I added my fb account and address book. Out of about 740 people in total, I only found 3 who already use this app :(
    Patient Windows Phone User since October 2010 till cores and apps do us apart.

    Read the rules before you post. If you post, we will assume you've read this already.
  10. christenmartin's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    352 Posts
    Global Posts
    635 Global Posts
    #10  
    Used this app a couple of times mainly for video chat. Works really good, UI is very functional and well thought out. Much better than skype, which is weird.
  11. NokiaLover's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    9 Posts
    #11  
    I just tried out this video call on both Nokia 920, The video look much better than Skype. I can't believe that Skype on iPhone works even better than WP.
    Come on Microsoft, if MS wants to beat apple iPhone you need to speed up the process and do better job with Skype, It's been too long already.
    If Skype is good then we don't even need other chat apps (WhatsApp, Viber or Tango) because Skype is available on all mobile phones include PC or MAC.
    I did swap my i5 and my dad's i4s for Nokia Lumia 920s.
  12. NokiaLover's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    9 Posts
    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by rockstarzzz View Post
    Only if this was popular on other OS that my friends use. But they have better Viber, Skype and Whatsapp support so they don't even notice that this exists!
    I think It's kind of popular in Asia countries, but can you believe that no name app comes out better than Skype?
  13. ttxzee's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    152 Posts
    #13  
    it's developed by Chinese people and it's on WP7.8/8, ios and android. very popular in china almost everyone with a smart phone uses it.
  14. deadwrong03's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    864 Posts
    #14  
    i use it on 7.8 this app would be great if more americans actually used it im tired of using it to meeet new people and its only bringing up people overseas in china somewhere smh
  15. luk3ja's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    486 Posts
    #15  
    anyone want to chat with me so I can test it out?
  16. afgzee's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    437 Posts
    Global Posts
    508 Global Posts
       #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by deadwrong03 View Post
    i use it on 7.8 this app would be great if more americans actually used it im tired of using it to meeet new people and its only bringing up people overseas in china somewhere smh
    Well spread the word, this app is 100 times better than WhatsApp and 1000 times better than Viber for WP, they have put hard work into WP version and deserve the credit. Me and my friends now use it to communicate, rather than WhatsApp.
    deadwrong03 likes this.
  17. deadwrong03's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    864 Posts
    #17  
    believe me i spread the word on twitter facebook and everywhere i even have the developer of the app following me on twitter and talks to me in the app itself ive been praisin this app since i discovered it on windows phone its gonna take alot of people to spread the word tho
  18. ammarmalik2011's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    712 Posts
    Global Posts
    727 Global Posts
    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by luk3ja View Post
    anyone want to chat with me so I can test it out?
    don't bother. it's a bigger battery hog than whatsapp.
  19. luk3ja's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    486 Posts
    #19  
    anyone? I'd like to try the app
  20. afgzee's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    437 Posts
    Global Posts
    508 Global Posts
       #20  
    what chat?

Similar Threads

  1. Video Chat between Samsung and Nokia N8
    By p.jgordon in forum Windows Phone Apps
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-12-2011, 11:12 AM
  2. video chat question
    By jmerrey in forum Windows Phone 7
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-26-2011, 02:10 PM
  3. SouthernTouch Spades - now with functional AI :)
    By CodeNaked in forum App Spotlight
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-25-2011, 05:51 PM
  4. Does the Trophy support flash now with Mango?
    By engineer2001 in forum HTC Trophy
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-12-2011, 11:20 AM
  5. HTC Titan HD Video Review
    By editorskeys in forum HTC TITAN
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-11-2011, 06:30 PM

Posting Permissions