Sound profiles and volume buttons

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi all
I have posted some mockup screenshots previously on a notification centre and some vibrate/sound profiles. I am pretty passionate about using the volume keys for a quick solution to some sound/vibrate issues. Currently you get a little bit of tweakability with the buttons, but I yearn for more.

I apologise in advance for the quality of the icons etc. I wanted to get a number of volume issues adjusted from one press. I used the equaliser feature so you can slide up and down and regulate each one. Also, I have put in a presets, so you can quickly jump to a preferred preset.The icons should be self explanatory, n isfor notifications by the way.

Thoughts welcome.

attempt4.PNG

James8561

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
looks good. but adjusting sliders on touch screen is a pain. also, it looks cluttered. they should have the above panel in settings. if you want to adjust a sound, you select it, then use built in volume keys.

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for that, I am not much of a designer, but I saw the equaliser and thought it could be used for other things. Perhaps it would be better to move them to settings and just leave the preset option available for changes on the fly.

TheLuminis620

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
I like it! It doesn't really have to be detailed honestly, perhaps I just need call, ringtone and media volumes. But as said by James 8561, those sliders could be a bit of a pain to adjust like the equalizer setting in my Lumia. Perhaps a small slider like how you adjust your time, in number instead of equalizer-like style. Just my opinion though. Overall, nice idea :)

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
Too large and much for a drop-down menu IMHO, pair it with music controls and you're looking at a very convoluted setup taking up more than half the screen. I don't think there needs to be that many volume controls, wouldn't system (ringer+alerts), music and active app be sufficient? Anyhow, when you start to talk about sound profiles and separated controls, the ring icon doesn't make that much sense. I think that icon can become the profile selection, with defaults such as silent, vibrate and all (sounds). Maybe even switching between the different volumes by tapping the volume display.

dawindbag

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
Need a separate one for alarm clock too.

Ringer/Notifications, Alarm Clock, Media/Games would be fine with me. Also, might be cool if Games/Apps had access to the Volume API and could create their own volume level interface which overrides the native one and can be controlled using the volume rocker and is persistent with the app every time it reloads.

trinkner

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
This looks awesome! Is this a work in progress, or just a suggestion for the Nokia/MS teams? I'd immediately switch from Symbian to Windows Phone if sound profiles were implemented, especially if switching between them could be automated, a la the Situations app on Symbian.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon