Accidentally added "thr" to my dictionary

MDak280

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
So, I was typing and I accidentally pressed "+thr" (was supposed to be "the"). Is there a way to delete words from the dictionary, or whatever it's referred to as?

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
You would have to delete the entire custom dictionary. It'd be nice if they could implement it like they do on Word though, a custom dictionary you have full access to.

MDak280

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, that sucks. Well, I haven't really added anything to my custom dictionary that I wanted to, so deleting it wouldn't be a big deal. How would I do that?

AV2RY

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
I added few dozen words on custom dictionary. I use the words so often that they now work as word flow (or whatever its called). You know, you type one word the rest appear one by one.. Love it. I too added few mistyped words by accident and now even if I Type the word correctly the one from dictionary replaces it. So I have to erase that and retype. Frustrating.

If I clean whole dictionary, I might lose the word flow. So, waiting for MS to allow us edit dictionary

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Perhaps some industrious developer will see this thread and create an app that will allow us to add/remove individual words to the user dictionary. That would be awesome.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte