Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

So I've actually tried searching if anybody else has this problem, but can't find it.

Today I've added a new contact to my phone(on the outlook.com account I have). He actually has Whatsapp, but Whatsapp does not recognize the contact, so I can't start a conversation with him. Anybody else experiencing this? It's a bit silly :P.

Global Posts
    615 Global Posts
    Did you tried to tap the "tap here to update" in WhatsApp settings?
    It should update its contacts automatically but I've always used that settings when adding a new contact that I want to chat with.

Another thing that may be preventing WhatsApp from showing your contact is the phone number, double check it. Also, have you actually tried to chat with it from within the app? It should offer you to send him a SMS (like an invitation) to WhatsApp. If this is the case, perhaps the phone number is wrong. If you can't see that contact even to send a SMS, I don't know what else to do.
    Thanked by:
    Tiwo 

Global Posts
    2,912 Global Posts
    Whatsapp is a bit tricky. Hit the three dots and go into settings. As mentioned above you need to "tap to refresh"

You may go to all, find the contact and click on his name to message him , but his profile opens instead. Right? DOH! Just tap on his number. once he has whatsapp the convo box will open. If he doesn't it will take you to messaging to send him an invite.
    Thanked by:
    Tiwo 

Global Posts
    2,285 Global Posts
    Make sure the phone number is exact too. I had a friend with a european number and I forgot to add the "+" sign..made things difficult >_>
    Thanked by:
    Tiwo 

Ah didn't check this thread anymore. I didn't know there was a refresh button :D. Anyways, it updated automatically when I had to reboot my phone. Thanks guys ;)

Quote Originally Posted by ajua View Post
    Did you tried to tap the "tap here to update" in WhatsApp settings?
    It should update its contacts automatically but I've always used that settings when adding a new contact that I want to chat with.

Another thing that may be preventing WhatsApp from showing your contact is the phone number, double check it. Also, have you actually tried to chat with it from within the app? It should offer you to send him a SMS (like an invitation) to WhatsApp. If this is the case, perhaps the phone number is wrong. If you can't see that contact even to send a SMS, I don't know what else to do.
    Yeah I could send him a sms invite ;). The number was not the problem.
    i have the same problem.. i can send sms with no problem but on whatsapp my friwnd dont appear or reconizes why...

Quote Originally Posted by Geovanny Zuniga View Post
    i have the same problem.. i can send sms with no problem but on whatsapp my friwnd dont appear or reconizes why...
    as suggested above, use international format (+1)

Global Posts
    615 Global Posts
    This ^^
    Thanked by:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiwo View Post
    So I've actually tried searching if anybody else has this problem, but can't find it.

Today I've added a new contact to my phone(on the outlook.com account I have). He actually has Whatsapp, but Whatsapp does not recognize the contact, so I can't start a conversation with him. Anybody else experiencing this? It's a bit silly :P.
    Hi friend.. step 1. First add all contacts in phonebook step 2. Go to watsapp when u open it u can see chat favourite and swipe the window u can see favourites and once again swipe the window u can see there all chat favourites in that window u can see the contacts which contact u want to add in watsapp u select it by touching it and it shows add to favourite u jus click tat it will add in watsapp contact list... thank you