We made some changes

Our new forums are here!

Saving money on data

Mint SIM is the perfect way to get cheap data in the U.S.

Don't count Windows Phone out just yet

Dead? Psh. Here are 5 reasons to stick with Windows 10 Mobile

VPN vs. Proxy

The difference between a proxy and a VPN

Latitude attitude

Dell Latitude 7280 is a business laptop with tons of consumer attitude

4K all the way

You probably don't NEED a 4K webcam, but we love Logitech's BRIO 4K anyway

Long live Windows phone

Contrary to popular belief, Windows phone won't die anytime soon

XP-YESSSSSSS

Dell's already awesome XPS 15 gets even better in 2017

Surface Pwn 5

Surface Pro 5, Project NEON details leaked on LinkedIn?

Redefining the PC

Why Microsoft's Surface phone could be MUCH more than a mere 'phone'

Surface table meets Windows 10

Yes, we did put Windows 10 on the original Surface table ... and it rocks

Cream o' the crop

Before buying a Microsoft laptop, check out our pick for the absolute best

Simple and secure, just the way I like it

We think Windows 10 Cloud is a great idea, here's why

uber micro

Halo Wars 2 has something for everyone. Here's our full review.

Oldie but goldie

We reviewed Microsoft's decade-old Surface table

Creators Update comin' at ya

These are the coolest new features in the next big Xbox One update (video)

Buyer's guide

The Razer Blade 14 is the best laptop Razer has to offer

Windows 10 app gems

10 terrific Windows 10 apps you should be using

Tower of power

Here's what we think of Dell's XPS Tower Special Edition

Quite a deal

Grab the complete C# coding bootcamp for $41!

< >
Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. Tiwo's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    144 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #1  
    So I've actually tried searching if anybody else has this problem, but can't find it.

    Today I've added a new contact to my phone(on the outlook.com account I have). He actually has Whatsapp, but Whatsapp does not recognize the contact, so I can't start a conversation with him. Anybody else experiencing this? It's a bit silly :P.
  2. ajua's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    245 Posts
    Global Posts
    618 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #2  
    Did you tried to tap the "tap here to update" in WhatsApp settings?
    It should update its contacts automatically but I've always used that settings when adding a new contact that I want to chat with.

    Another thing that may be preventing WhatsApp from showing your contact is the phone number, double check it. Also, have you actually tried to chat with it from within the app? It should offer you to send him a SMS (like an invitation) to WhatsApp. If this is the case, perhaps the phone number is wrong. If you can't see that contact even to send a SMS, I don't know what else to do.
    Tiwo likes this.
  3. ttsoldier's Avatar
    Retired Ambassador

    Posts
    4,160 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,833 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #3  
    Whatsapp is a bit tricky. Hit the three dots and go into settings. As mentioned above you need to "tap to refresh"

    You may go to all, find the contact and click on his name to message him , but his profile opens instead. Right? DOH! Just tap on his number. once he has whatsapp the convo box will open. If he doesn't it will take you to messaging to send him an invite.
    Tiwo likes this.
  4. jdhooghe's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    529 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,677 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #4  
    Make sure the phone number is exact too. I had a friend with a european number and I forgot to add the "+" sign..made things difficult >_>
    Tiwo likes this.
  5. Tiwo's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    144 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #5  
    Ah didn't check this thread anymore. I didn't know there was a refresh button :D. Anyways, it updated automatically when I had to reboot my phone. Thanks guys ;)
  6. Tiwo's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    144 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by ajua View Post
    Did you tried to tap the "tap here to update" in WhatsApp settings?
    It should update its contacts automatically but I've always used that settings when adding a new contact that I want to chat with.

    Another thing that may be preventing WhatsApp from showing your contact is the phone number, double check it. Also, have you actually tried to chat with it from within the app? It should offer you to send him a SMS (like an invitation) to WhatsApp. If this is the case, perhaps the phone number is wrong. If you can't see that contact even to send a SMS, I don't know what else to do.
    Yeah I could send him a sms invite ;). The number was not the problem.
  7. Geovanny Zuniga's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #7  
    i have the same problem.. i can send sms with no problem but on whatsapp my friwnd dont appear or reconizes why...
  8. pankaj981's Avatar

    Posts
    6,030 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,099 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Geovanny Zuniga View Post
    i have the same problem.. i can send sms with no problem but on whatsapp my friwnd dont appear or reconizes why...
    as suggested above, use international format (+1)
  9. ajua's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    245 Posts
    Global Posts
    618 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #9  
    This ^^
    Sathya Benjamin likes this.
  10. Sathya Benjamin's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    2 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiwo View Post
    So I've actually tried searching if anybody else has this problem, but can't find it.

    Today I've added a new contact to my phone(on the outlook.com account I have). He actually has Whatsapp, but Whatsapp does not recognize the contact, so I can't start a conversation with him. Anybody else experiencing this? It's a bit silly :P.
    Hi friend.. step 1. First add all contacts in phonebook step 2. Go to watsapp when u open it u can see chat favourite and swipe the window u can see favourites and once again swipe the window u can see there all chat favourites in that window u can see the contacts which contact u want to add in watsapp u select it by touching it and it shows add to favourite u jus click tat it will add in watsapp contact list... thank you

Similar Threads

  1. How to add Skype username to a specific contact on your phone?
    By BrownxGoblin in forum Nokia Lumia 920
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-23-2012, 03:07 PM
  2. Deleting Gmail emails on your phone does NOT work
    By MichaelBanning in forum Windows Phone 7
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 05-16-2012, 11:02 AM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-26-2011, 11:06 AM
  4. Sausage Slice - An exciting new game on Windows Phone 7
    By SausageSlice in forum App Spotlight
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-10-2011, 01:04 PM
  5. What is your favorite or most used feature on your phone?
    By IamNabil in forum Windows Phone 7
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-02-2011, 04:01 AM

Posting Permissions

";