Syncing Calendars to Outlook.com...big problem

racerjim

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I don't know if this will help here, but I'm tossing up a Hail Mary.

In getting rid of Google and going full-Microsoft, i've published my Exchange calendar to the web and subscribed to it on Outlook.com so I can see it on my WP8 phone. Unfortunately, updates to the Exchange calendar take 24-48 hours to show up on the phone. I've tried using Microsoft's "support" site (answers.microsoft.com), but I haven't been able to get an answer (haven't really been able to get someone to explain the question). Turns out I'm not the only one, dozens of comments on this thread with the same issue

Subscribed calendar refresh time? - Microsoft Community

It just doesn't seem like anyone from Microsoft is getting this feedback (the "moderators" don't appear to be affiliated with MS). Can anyone here feed this to someone at MS to see if they can fix it? I'm betting it is a simple bug fix, but no idea how to get the information to MS.

Thanks,

Jim
(p.s. - should also mention that the reason i have to do this is that my Exchange server is behind a firewall, and I can't link directly to the phone. For some reason I could do that with Google Sync, but can't with WP8

VineRider

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Why don't you just synch your Exchange email account with directly with your phone? It will automatically get your calendar information from your Exchange email account. Maybe there's something I'm missing, so sorry if this isn't applicable.

racerjim

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
The firewall issue mentioned above. Only devices owned by my employer are permitted to access the Exchange server. Somehow google sync gets around that little detail.

nhow

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
My Outlook.com calendar syncs with my Chronos Calendar app on my Nokia Lumia 610 phone. However, my subscription calendars (that sync with my Outlook.com calendar) don't sync with either the Nokia calendar app or Chronos.

nhow

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
My Outlook.com calendar syncs with my Chronos Calendar app on my Nokia Lumia 610 phone. However, my subscription calendars (that sync with my Outlook.com calendar) don't sync with either the Nokia calendar app or Chronos.

I just figured out what was wrong. I needed to reselect the subscription from within Chronos settings. The old subscription link was no longer valid. I had changed it in Outlook but forgot to reselect it in Chronos. I'm not even bothering to troubleshoot the Nokia resident calendar app as it's always got sync problems (not just with subscriptions).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa