How is your typing now?

travisel

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
My ATIV S with a nice big 4.8" 720p display make's typing very good! Coming from WM6.5 LG IQ with 3.2" 480p display!

I would never go back! 😎

taurgis

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
For me the WP8 keyboard is a lot better than the one provided in WP7. Main thing I like about it, is that it is quite easy to switch between languages. I sometimes type messages in English and others in Dutch.

R S

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
When I moved from WP7 to WP8 I was surprised at how poor the keyboard was. I was expecting an improvement, but it was much worse. After spotting a tip on these forums, I noticed that the problem was that MS didn't finish programming autocorrect for UK English. Every time I typed 'i' it would stay as 'i'. In WP7, it always autocorrected to 'I'. The fix was to change the keyboard in settings from UK English to US English. Now 'i' corrects to 'I'. Many features in WP8 were developed to suit a US audience, and outside the US there's only limited support throughout the OS. WP7 is much better at providing support outside the US.

Nik Rolls

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I have to agree with the positive sentiment here. When I switched to my Lumia 920 (I came from an 800) I went from a keyboard where I could almost type without looking to one where I couldn't even type properly while looking. I put that partly down to the larger screen, and partly due to the new Word Flow system. For all its intelligence, it does start a little behind the WP7 keyboard in the first couple of days.

But boy does it catch up. After not even a week it learned the words I liked to type, how I hold my fingers, and of course I got a little accustomed to the larger screen. I can honestly say that this is the first phone where I can actually write entire messages without looking once, and only have to correct one or two words at the end. Or the alternative is that I can get through a whole email typing usually 2-3, sometimes only 1 letter of each word and finding that it's already suggesting the correct one. This is really one of my favourite features of the phone.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
My cat just leaped on to my laptop's keyboard.

Me? I'm typing just fine. It's easy to type around a fat cat that lies on all the keys on the keyboard.
If that doesn't work, type through the cat.

//offtopic

Cormango

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
I love the Windows Phone keyboard. I have a Lumia 920, iPhone 4, BlackBerry Z10, and a Galaxy Nexus. The Lumia wins for best keyboard. I love the suggestions and no more autocorrect failures!

nwildcat

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Can anyone tell me how to type the + sign on the wp8 keyboard??

It's on the second screen of symbols. So, after pressing the "&123" to get to the numbers and symbols, hit the arrow (the one pointing right, on the left side of the keyboard) and there's a second screen of characters, including the + sign.

I love the WP8 keyboard on my 822. I expected it to be good, but it's far better than I could have hoped. Love how it learns what I tend to type even if it's not the norm. Much better than my iPhone typing experience, which was very good overall. It's as good as my experience using a physical keyboard but in many ways better since the next word suggestions are so accurate.

ahardin

May 5, 2011
Visit site
I just went from a Focus to a Lumia 920 this past weekend, and there was a small difference. I was already kind of used to the step back, though, because after installing a couple of different 7.8 ROMs on my Focus it had to relearn, too. I will say I seem to have spent a lot less time in the frustration stage on the 920 then on the first 7.8 ROM I installed.

I also tried using my wife's iPod Touch last night. I wanted to throw it through a wall. I kept missing the top of the keyboard and moving the cursor to the middle of the email, and why does it have to take 5 seconds of clicking to select a single word?!

robmif76

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
It's on the second screen of symbols. So, after pressing the "&123" to get to the numbers and symbols, hit the arrow (the one pointing right, on the left side of the keyboard) and there's a second screen of characters, including the + sign.
aha!! thanks for saving me from loads of frustration!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99