Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By Al_2

Thanked by:
    eric12341, MDak280 and raul_junior like this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Looks like they're trying to tease a WP8 app, support our vision could mean that the APIs they need are not available yet, but anyway looks like they've basically confirmed it for us.

I'm the little blue square who favorited the tweet! I can't describe how happy I am if this is true.

SWEET! this will definitely boost some developer enthusiasm for others if this is true!
    Definitely looks like a tease of things to come to me. Instagram would be stupid not follow suit now. At any rate both should be available by May/June.

I hope they make it happen soon!

...now we just need instagram too
    Quote Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
    Definitely looks like a tease of things to come to me. Instagram would be stupid not follow suit now. At any rate both should be available by May/June.
    No way can they make an app in 3-4 months! Skype is in beta since 4 months with not a single feature added to it.
    Patient Windows Phone User since October 2010 till cores and apps do us apart.

Read the rules before you post. If you post, we will assume you've read this already.
    Quote Originally Posted by rockstarzzz View Post
    No way can they make an app in 3-4 months! Skype is in beta since 4 months with not a single feature added to it.
    You'll be surprised, plus the only reason Skype is in beta is because of the windows live messenger shutdown. After that the Skype app/experience will be updated.

Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    I really hope this comes soon! I can prove to my friends that the app situation is getting better on WP :)
    Developer

How can they make money:

"The company imagines partnering with brands or advertisers that want to show certain Snapchat users a glimpse of a new device, a preview of a new movie or a sneak peek of an upcoming line of clothing," The New York Times' Jenna Wortham writes. "Or, they say, they could show 'exploding coupons,' an image that gives information about a deal or discount that expires after a certain amount of time."

Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 1101x10 View Post
    How can they make money:

"The company imagines partnering with brands or advertisers that want to show certain Snapchat users a glimpse of a new device, a preview of a new movie or a sneak peek of an upcoming line of clothing," The New York Times' Jenna Wortham writes. "Or, they say, they could show 'exploding coupons,' an image that gives information about a deal or discount that expires after a certain amount of time."
    I'd be fine with ads, I just want this app.

Global Posts
    2,285 Global Posts
    Time for some sexting, yeaaaaah!

well, now that WP users can use instagram if they want through instagraph. I think this is next on my wishlist. although I'm not happy and probably wont pay for instagraph, I would probably shell out some money for snapchat, although I'd prefer a free app even with ads. hopefully the Snapchat people had a productive meeting with Microsoft and it is on the way!! if not, I'd go for a 3rd party app with some crazy method of sending snapchats, like instagraph is doing for instagram lol