Am I the only one experiencing this issue on FB app?

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
If your friend shares a picture/story, a picture/story that is originally on some other page/group/profile. Normally you have two choices, you click the image/story and comment on the original link on the page its originally posted on, or you can comment on just that particular share that your friend made.

On the FB app if someone shares something and you click the comment button, it takes you to the original page and you can't comment just on your friend's timeline. Funnily enough you can see the number of comments/likes, you just can't see those comments or make one. You can however do all of this from the people hub.

jjmurphy

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
I'll check, but in the meantime, do yourself a favor and just pin to your start touch.facebook.com It is a lot better than the fb app.

jgraves4480

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Yep fb app is useless. These r the little things that r making me mad. Microsoft needs to get it in gear and quick. Before I decide to switch back and drop all the subscriptions I have with them. I'm tired of not having what I want when I want it. Or I could just strap my iPad to my chest.:)

D0gsballs

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
The FB app is much, much better than the one on Android. Hate using that app on my Galaxy tab. Agree there are a few issues with it though such as not being taken to the comment when clicking on a notification.

I like the touch webpage, but using that there won't be any notification toasts or a live tile, so I'm unsure I'll stick with it right now.

Yo_Bala

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
Yes, I believe this issue is existing from a long period of time..

Another bug that always freaks me out is that, When I come out after going into a friend's status update to comment or like, it takes me to the top of the page/recent updates rather then staying at that particular update..I had to scroll all the way back down again to view other feeds!

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
I wouldn't say that its useless, it works well for me for everything I need to do in it, I maybe use it once or twice a week anyway.

jgraves4480

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
My main issue is lack of feed info. It doesn't show all the posts. Its hardly ever notifies me properly either. It needs better integration.

jgraves4480

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
The more waiting wp8 has to do to get this and other apps, the more I think of upgrading one of my tablet lines and switching to the iPhone til MS gets this app gap up to par.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720