Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Yo_Bala
    Banned

Global Posts
    727 Global Posts
    If your friend shares a picture/story, a picture/story that is originally on some other page/group/profile. Normally you have two choices, you click the image/story and comment on the original link on the page its originally posted on, or you can comment on just that particular share that your friend made.

On the FB app if someone shares something and you click the comment button, it takes you to the original page and you can't comment just on your friend's timeline. Funnily enough you can see the number of comments/likes, you just can't see those comments or make one. You can however do all of this from the people hub.

Global Posts
    262 Global Posts
    I'll check, but in the meantime, do yourself a favor and just pin to your start touch.facebook.com It is a lot better than the fb app.

Yep fb app is useless. These r the little things that r making me mad. Microsoft needs to get it in gear and quick. Before I decide to switch back and drop all the subscriptions I have with them. I'm tired of not having what I want when I want it. Or I could just strap my iPad to my chest.:)

Global Posts
    255 Global Posts
    The FB app is much, much better than the one on Android. Hate using that app on my Galaxy tab. Agree there are a few issues with it though such as not being taken to the comment when clicking on a notification.

I like the touch webpage, but using that there won't be any notification toasts or a live tile, so I'm unsure I'll stick with it right now.

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Yes, I believe this issue is existing from a long period of time..

Another bug that always freaks me out is that, When I come out after going into a friend's status update to comment or like, it takes me to the top of the page/recent updates rather then staying at that particular update..I had to scroll all the way back down again to view other feeds!
    miklavzg likes this.
    I wouldn't say that its useless, it works well for me for everything I need to do in it, I maybe use it once or twice a week anyway.

My main issue is lack of feed info. It doesn't show all the posts. Its hardly ever notifies me properly either. It needs better integration.

Global Posts
    657 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jgraves4480 View Post
    My main issue is lack of feed info. It doesn't show all the posts.
    This is entirely due to the FB app being a 3rd party app by MS instead of an official app by FB. People hub is the same way.

The more waiting wp8 has to do to get this and other apps, the more I think of upgrading one of my tablet lines and switching to the iPhone til MS gets this app gap up to par.

Download Facebook pro. ITS CURRENTLY FREE AND THE BEST FB APP IVE USED HERE
    Banned

Global Posts
    727 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by whrocky5092 View Post
    Download Facebook pro. ITS CURRENTLY FREE AND THE BEST FB APP IVE USED HERE
    There are about 5 Facebook Pro apps in the store. Can you link towards the right one?