02-13-2013, 10:23 AM #1
- 2 Posts
I'm having a different podcast problem than I've seen on this forum.
I have NPR Car Talk set to 3 episodes. So I have episode 1 2 and 3 on my phone. I listen to episode 1. It's marked as played. If I delete it, the next time I plug in and are on Wifi it will download episode 1 again and mark it as not played. Once episode 4 becomes available the cycle will continue when I finish 2.
The only workaround is to leave items you have listened to on the phone. It should delete it when the next episode comes out and deletes old played episodes.
- 02-13-2013, 10:35 PM #2
It's basically the same system from the Zune desktop software, and I don't really like it. As you've mentioned, the played state doesn't always compute, and there's the weirdness of "in collection" vs "automatic" (podcasts you manually download are marked as "in collection" and don't get deleted per the episode limit you set). I personally just set it to 2-3 episodes per podcast and let the phone delete the old ones in time, not ideal if you have limited storage space but what can you do.
- By mrgstiffler in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 20Last Post: 02-13-2014, 12:11 PM
- By zakkforchilli in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 5Last Post: 01-06-2013, 04:35 PM
- By Matt088 in forum ZuneReplies: 1Last Post: 11-30-2012, 11:06 AM
- By lacz in forum Windows Phone AppsReplies: 0Last Post: 07-15-2011, 03:20 PM
- By Relief in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 16Last Post: 06-09-2011, 07:20 PM