Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Has anyone got the Portico update on the 820 in the UK. On o2 and not got the update yet.

No, I've not had it yet and Nokia haven't sold enough phones to make people wait this long.

Yep, I have. Got it a few weeks ago now. If it helps, I'm SIM only on O2 Simplicity Unlimited and bought the phone outright from O2, though it's still O2 branded. I wasn't notified about the update, I had to check for it. That said, I checked for the update about an hour or so after it became available by chance, so maybe it was too early to be notified. I've heard lots of other O2 820 owners say they haven't received the update. Don't know why I got mine. I thought I'd be last in line not being on a phone contract. The only other thing that I can add was that my data connection was via WiFi at the time. The update still took half an hour. Do they only tell you about the update only if you're using WiFi, because the download would take an age and bust you're data otherwise. I don't know. If it's any consolation, as far as I can see, you're missing diddly squat!

Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    My wife's 820 on Orange got Portico about 2 weeks ago....

Global Posts
    508 Global Posts
    Im on O2 with an 820 and have not received the portico update yet... I have a 3UK sim card inside though if that makes any difference

My phone is unbranded bought it sim free with o2 simplicity with unlimited internet. Will just keep checking but it is annoying it is taking so long. o2 took ages with L710 updates as well.

Global Posts
    508 Global Posts
    I am wondering why some people have got the update already though yet we're still waiting...

Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    looking forward to this update, i bought my sim free but am on 02, so i assuming 02 just push this out via the network as 02 dont know i have a lumai 820 .

Just did a check for software updates and nothing..... why can't i get it, do you think i will have to call 02 to advise them i have the lumia 820?

thanks
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    I have an 820 on o2 in the UK and I've seen no update

I got my 820 brand new at end if Jan from Orange and it came with Portico already installed so it is around in the uk...

My Nokia lumia 620 from O2 online UK came with portico already on it
    Sent from my Nokia Lumia 620 using Foroplex

Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nokiageek View Post
    My Nokia lumia 620 from O2 online UK came with portico already on it
    Sent from my Nokia Lumia 620 using Foroplex
    thats strange, Ive only had mine 3 weeks
    Updates are on a roll out basis with all Windows Phone for rest of its life. Nokia has already mentioned, all the phones will get it eventually in a roll out by end of March. So those you don't have it, your phone simply hasn't been hit by the roll out yet. If you are so eager, grab one manually from Navifirm, plenty of tutorials out there.
    Patient Windows Phone User since October 2010 till cores and apps do us apart.

Read the rules before you post. If you post, we will assume you've read this already.

Global Posts
    508 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rockstarzzz View Post
    Updates are on a roll out basis with all Windows Phone for rest of its life. Nokia has already mentioned, all the phones will get it eventually in a roll out by end of March. So those you don't have it, your phone simply hasn't been hit by the roll out yet. If you are so eager, grab one manually from Navifirm, plenty of tutorials out there.
    Doesn't that void any type of warranty we have?
    Quote Originally Posted by afgzee View Post
    Doesn't that void any type of warranty we have?
    I am not sure. I did that on mine and Nokia Care thinks I'm still under the warranty. You *might* void warranty but I don't see how. It still connects to Nokia warranty program. Unless there is a way we can ourselves check if we are under warranty, I will go by what Nokia Care told me and assume I am still under warranty.

Read the rules before you post. If you post, we will assume you've read this already.

from what has been described it's actually Nokia we are waiting on for the update rather than the carriers; in which case you'd have thought they'd been quicker than this :(
    Quote Originally Posted by Narr View Post
    from what has been described it's actually Nokia we are waiting on for the update rather than the carriers; in which case you'd have thought they'd been quicker than this :(
    Source?

Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    I have an 820 given to me directly by a Nokia Sales Rep, unbranded, No update, checking daily.

Hoping for battery improvements, my 800 had much better battery life.

I have a Lumia 820 on Vodafone. Still no update.

Just got my update last night, only 2 months after it released 😒

Global Posts
    508 Global Posts
    Also got it yesterday, 820 on O2-UK (with 3UK sim card)

Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    yeah, just searched for it and its there, weirdly i had it set to auto tell me of updates and it didnt.... on 79% now.....

Global Posts
    508 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by robert peake View Post
    yeah, just searched for it and its there, weirdly i had it set to auto tell me of updates and it didnt.... on 79% now.....
    It wont tell you the moment the update is available. Only when it checks for updates, which is every couple of hours I think

Got it today. Was available 2 days ago but dont have wifi at home (temp set up to download) so far so good, no crashes and took 10 mins. Dont have the txt to reject call option though. Battery seems much better

Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lnsertName View Post
    I have an 820 given to me directly by a Nokia Sales Rep, unbranded, No update, checking daily.

Hoping for battery improvements, my 800 had much better battery life.

Came through last night.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast