Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By wpfan86
  • 1 Post By fardream

Hello!
    Is there a weather app that can show forecast on lockscreen without changing the wallpaper?
    I really like my wallpapers and I dont want to change it, but I would also like to see forecast on my lockscreen.
    Thanks!

Global Posts
    1,058 Global Posts
    Weather Flow

Thanks

I also highly recommend Amazing Weather HD. It was updated just a few days ago to add lockscreen support, and it's fantastic. I've tried Weather Flow as well, and although I liked it, I would still give a slight edge to Amazing Weather.
    James8561 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by wpfan86 View Post
    I also highly recommend Amazing Weather HD. It was updated just a few days ago to add lockscreen support, and it's fantastic. I've tried Weather Flow as well, and although I liked it, I would still give a slight edge to Amazing Weather.
    amazing weather HD will update the wall paper
    James8561 likes this.

Amazing Weather HD is the best!
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,526 Global Posts
    I vote for Amazing Weather HD also.

Weather flow will allow you to select your own background however it'll look like crap on your wp8 as the image resolution horribly downgrades for some reason.
    Amazing weather HD is overall a better weather app but for the moment you cannot choose your own background. Even amazing weather HD looks grainy (far less than weather flow though) on the lock screen.

I have installed both weather flow and amazing wether hd, as the both allow for trial period.
    I liked amazing weather better, but it doesnt allow costum image to be set as background.
    Weather flow allows that, but for some reason if you try to change the picture few times, it stops working. I tried to manualy set picture as backgroung (from gallery), and then again tried to set it trough app (weather flow) and it didnt work, so i uninstalled it... Maybe i'll try again today...
    BTW, it didnt seem to me as the picture was downgraded, it looked fine to me...

Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wpfan86 View Post
    Amazing Weather HD does not update info on my lockscreeen. Even when set to hourly update. The last thing I want is to look at temp that is 5 hours old. I've tried them all, and find that AccuWeather has the best functioning lockscreen. Don't know about changing the wallpaper though.