Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. rtrmb's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    2 Posts
       #1  
    Hey guys

    I have a Lumia 820 and I love but I noticed that my albums on Skydrive dont seem to appear on my Picture Hub ever. Its kind of annoying have to go through the skydrive app and then downloading just to use them ever. I was wondering if anyone knew a fix. Thanks
  2. rtrmb's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    2 Posts
       #2  
    Nevermind apparently my wp has magic powers and started to do it by itself lol
  3. stmav's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    3,685 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,767 Global Posts
    #3  
    There have been many threads about this. If you tap on the gray box, the photos are there, just not the folder tile. Unfortunately at this time there is no fix.
  4. Blkacesvf41's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    875 Posts
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    #4  
    Good. Everytime you upload to SkyDrive you have to give it a few minutes in order to sync.
  5. Blkacesvf41's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    875 Posts
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by stmav View Post
    There have been many threads about this. If you tap on the gray box, the photos are there, just not the folder tile. Unfortunately at this time there is no fix.
    Out of maybe 20 albums only 2 of them show up as grey boxes on my 822. Weird because at first they all showed the picture tile.
  6. Shodan_HR's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    159 Posts
    #6  
    why does skydrive, re-arrange my photos in pictures hub? i`ve sorted it by date created on skydrive but in pictures hub they are just gone wild, if you know what i mean...
    ok, so not every album is rearrange, some of them are in accurate order...
    Last edited by Shodan_HR; 02-19-2013 at 03:36 AM.
  7. Blkacesvf41's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    875 Posts
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shodan_HR View Post
    why does skydrive, re-arrange my photos in pictures hub? i`ve sorted it by date created on skydrive but in pictures hub they are just gone wild, if you know what i mean...
    ok, so not every album is rearrange, some of them are in accurate order...
    While in SkyDrive try this format: yyyy_mm as in 2013_02 when renaming your folders and see what happens.
  8. Blkacesvf41's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    875 Posts
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    #8  
    @Shodan
    This is also kinda bothers me on my Windows 8 desktop. There your albums just go in by the order in which you uploaded them to SkyDrive. If I've known this I'd started with all my Decembers first. There's no option or setting to rearrange either. This should really be improved.
  9. #9  
    Hay guys I did this and fixed it. It a little work but it does work.....
    Update: So I had some extra time today to try and fix the album issues. I had 6 different ones not showing in the photos hub they were just blank but the pictures were there. First off I logged into SkyDrive on my PC, created new folders and new names but be sure they are set to pictures not documents. Then renamed each picture before moving it to new location (not sure if I had to do the rename but I did) than moved each picture from old folder to the new one. Than deleted the older folder. Refresh than on phone sync my ms account waited awhile than looked at the hub albums all was there. No more blank albums. Just remember it takes a little while for them to show up. ߘJGood luck...
  10. Shodan_HR's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    159 Posts
    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Blkacesvf41 View Post
    While in SkyDrive try this format: yyyy_mm as in 2013_02 when renaming your folders and see what happens.
    sorry if i wasn`t clear on the matter.... so, pictures and folder are displayed correctly in skydrive (on web, on app in windows and in app in wp8, htc8x btw) but in pictures hub on HTC8X are, in some folders, tottaly out of order. this is very frustrating as i can`t easally access picture that i want...
    i could try re-upload folder but this is kinda pain it tha *** as my upload speed is rofl (0,30 kb/s)
  11. Blkacesvf41's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    875 Posts
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shodan_HR View Post
    sorry if i wasn`t clear on the matter.... so, pictures and folder are displayed correctly in skydrive (on web, on app in windows and in app in wp8, htc8x btw) but in pictures hub on HTC8X are, in some folders, tottaly out of order. this is very frustrating as i can`t easally access picture that i want...
    i could try re-upload folder but this is kinda pain it tha *** as my upload speed is rofl (0,30 kb/s)
    In the photos hub, are they at least falling alphabetically? Because mine do. I had my folders broken down by month/year, so the Aprils were showing at the top.
  12. Shodan_HR's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    159 Posts
    #12  
    folders- yes. no problem there but picutres inside them - no.
  13. Blkacesvf41's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    875 Posts
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shodan_HR View Post
    folders- yes. no problem there but picutres inside them - no.
    Hmmmm... Out of about 30 folders/albums that I have, 3 of them show up as grey boxes but the pictures ARE in there. Don't get what's going on with yours. On SkyDrive do you have them under "pictures" or "files"?
  14. nokiageek's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    103 Posts
    #14  
    folders- yes. no problem there but picutres inside them - no.




    Go onto Skydrive on a web browser on your pc and find the folders that don't show pictures on your people hub, right click and make sure the properties of the folder is set to pictures and not documents.





    Than resync your Microsoft account on your phone


    Sent from my Nokia Lumia 620 using Foroplex
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by pmhgeneral View Post
    Hay guys I did this and fixed it. It a little work but it does work.....
    Update: So I had some extra time today to try and fix the album issues. I had 6 different ones not showing in the photos hub they were just blank but the pictures were there. First off I logged into SkyDrive on my PC, created new folders and new names but be sure they are set to pictures not documents. Then renamed each picture before moving it to new location (not sure if I had to do the rename but I did) than moved each picture from old folder to the new one. Than deleted the older folder. Refresh than on phone sync my ms account waited awhile than looked at the hub albums all was there. No more blank albums. Just remember it takes a little while for them to show up. ߘJGood luck...
    Update:
    Hay all; sad day the gray, blank albums are all back AGAIN 😩 only the ones from SkyDrive?? I don't know what is going on with this.
  16. Blkacesvf41's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    875 Posts
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    #16  
    Ok, a few more of my albums became grey boxes today, of course the pics are still there. It happened when I was in an area where I had a very poor signal and tried to open the photos hub. Basically I wasn't on LTE anymore but on 3G. Does anyone know, how do I do a refresh/resync with SkyDrive now?

Similar Threads

  1. SkyDrive Folder in Picture Hub Problem
    By tdb1 in forum Windows Phone 8
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-20-2013, 05:57 AM
  2. LinkedIn Contacts not appearing in People Hub
    By neilshah in forum Windows Phone 7
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-10-2013, 02:24 PM
  3. Pictures from SkyDrive not showing up in Pictures Hub
    By evilrobot in forum Windows Phone 7
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-05-2012, 03:43 PM
  4. Albums not appearing in photos hub
    By laska in forum Windows Phone 7
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-06-2012, 05:51 PM
  5. Custom skydrive folders in pictures hub
    By mkr10001 in forum Windows Phone 7
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-21-2012, 05:32 PM

Posting Permissions