Error 80c85e2

Etyrnus

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
Getting this error when i try to get my hotmail to sync. Haven't been able to find much out about it, other than a couple of bad options. One is deleting the account and then putting it back on the phone, which is impossible as this is my microsoft account. The other is hard resetting the phone, which I really want to avoid. Any help out there beyond these two? Is it maybe something that is a temporary glitch in the server?

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
If inputting your info multiple times is not working then you might need to hard reset. Have you soft reset it? (hold power button down until it restarts)

Etyrnus

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
I've tried soft resets. Its a Nokia 920 if that's any help. I just added a duplicate of the email to the phone, seems like now I can at least get my email. But I think this is still going to be an issue with syncing the contacts isn't it?

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I've tried soft resets. Its a Nokia 920 if that's any help. I just added a duplicate of the email to the phone, seems like now I can at least get my email. But I think this is still going to be an issue with syncing the contacts isn't it?

I don't know how you can make a duplicate since I've tried that and it comes back saying that there is an email account by the name already on the phone. Hmmm interesting

Etyrnus

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
Because its not syncing as the main account? Concerned because it is the one that my Microsoft account is tied to. Edit: also, my twitter and linkedn account are not syncing.

Last edited:

fardream

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
You can set it up as an exchange ActiveSync account, just use the settings for iPhone and contacts, calendars, emails all sync.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium