Open Google search with search button

AR2186

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
See if it's under "advanced settings" on the I.E. settings screen.
It's up to the carriers to allow or not allow. the only Verizon phone that has it now is the Lumia 928 with GDR2 (was not there in GDR1). Looks like Verizon made the call to allow it going forward, so expect to see it with the GDR2 updates for the 8x, 822 and ATIV Odyssey (if anyone owns it).

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
See if it's under "advanced settings" on the I.E. settings screen.

At the time I made that post I didn't have it under advanced settings if I'm remembering correctly. I'm not using my 8X now, but if I remember I'll double check next time I turn it on.

vaclavkadera

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
I almost understood what you meant with that sentence. At the moment I've got my Nokia Help+Tips in Russian because I changed from the search button from Bing to Google as described above. OK, I can understand Russian, but it gives me a headache. Is there any way I can have my cake and eat it too, i.e. have the search button set to Google without having my browser and search language set to Russian?

Hi,
I found out that when you choose your location-region search lang settings not for Russian but for Bakshir (Russia) - than you'll get your cake. :) Help and tips in english and also Here maps in english.

Worked for me. Hope will help you.

Vasek

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo