Open Google search with search button

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
For those who prefer Google over Bing, here's how to reassign the search button to open Google search
  1. Open IE. Go to settings > advance settings. Set default search to Google
  2. Go to region settings of the phone, set 'search language' to Russian

Now pressing search button will open Google search.

P.S This isn't a thread to about Google. Some of us love our Windows Phone but prefer using Google search.

Last edited by a moderator:

delaPau

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Also, for the search button trick, sign in and it'll put you to the language your Google Account is set to automatically.

I almost understood what you meant with that sentence. At the moment I've got my Nokia Help+Tips in Russian because I changed from the search button from Bing to Google as described above. OK, I can understand Russian, but it gives me a headache. Is there any way I can have my cake and eat it too, i.e. have the search button set to Google without having my browser and search language set to Russian?

Lumia 720

Thanks for any advice you can give me!

delaPau

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Ok so it just loads the web page cheers good info for those that want it

Bearing in mind that there's no decent Google app for Nokia Lumia, it's great having Google available on the search button. And of course it opens the webpage - what else would you expect it to do? It's a shortcut, not an app

Fred P

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
any ideas on how to turn the search button off completely? it gets triggered (especially in the middle of games)
when i need to search i can do so from the browser
i think search should have been implemented as long press , like speech recognition

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99