| | 02-17-2013, 02:40 PM #1
I've just received a Nokia Lumia 610, Windows 8 phone. Before I send it back or hit it with a hammer, please can someone help me with some simple basics or Apps that I can download and use.
1. I want to display date and time (time - digital 12 hr format) on a tile - Iarge tile if possible). I've downloaded several apps, but none display actual time/date on the tile. This is the first screen I get to and want to quickly see date and time.
2. How do I quickly ring/txt someone. At the moment it is 4 infuriating clicks. I want to click on a tile, see list of contacts quickly with all available numbers, scroll to the right number and select call or txt and that's it.
3. How do I stop the keyboard going "click". I text in quiet places (i.e. library) and it goes click, click click.
4. How do I stop big letters appearing every time you hit the keyboard. I can see whats been types without being shown it again?
5. How to I change the background. I have two options of either black or white. Can't I select another colour?
6. How to I change the colour of tiles? I've got a nice set of blue tiles. Can't I have them ordered by the colour I want?
7. How do I increase the text size of phone numbers in the "peoples" list? They are tiny and blue.
8. How can I play my music quickly and easily. It takes 5 clicks/swipes to play each song. Ouch. All I want is one click, into music player that remembers my settings, and lets me group my songs, play them at random in a group, play them in order in a group, play one and let me select next/previous song. Something simple please that I can use while I am jogging, instead of stop look at phone, ....
9. How do I change the name of an App or stop the name appearing on a live tile and overwriting other information on a tile.
10. Lastly I like to have a App where I can pin notes (not a list of notes). Is there anything available?
Your help is really appreciated. I had a similar headache with Windows 8 on a PC and it took two weeks to get it to work like a dream. My last phone (android variant) was simple, easy and working within 30 mins. I've spent a full day on it so far and am really struggling.