02-17-2013, 03:40 PM #1
- 1 Posts
I've just received a Nokia Lumia 610, Windows 8 phone. Before I send it back or hit it with a hammer, please can someone help me with some simple basics or Apps that I can download and use.
1. I want to display date and time (time - digital 12 hr format) on a tile - Iarge tile if possible). I've downloaded several apps, but none display actual time/date on the tile. This is the first screen I get to and want to quickly see date and time.
2. How do I quickly ring/txt someone. At the moment it is 4 infuriating clicks. I want to click on a tile, see list of contacts quickly with all available numbers, scroll to the right number and select call or txt and that's it.
3. How do I stop the keyboard going "click". I text in quiet places (i.e. library) and it goes click, click click.
4. How do I stop big letters appearing every time you hit the keyboard. I can see whats been types without being shown it again?
5. How to I change the background. I have two options of either black or white. Can't I select another colour?
6. How to I change the colour of tiles? I've got a nice set of blue tiles. Can't I have them ordered by the colour I want?
7. How do I increase the text size of phone numbers in the "peoples" list? They are tiny and blue.
8. How can I play my music quickly and easily. It takes 5 clicks/swipes to play each song. Ouch. All I want is one click, into music player that remembers my settings, and lets me group my songs, play them at random in a group, play them in order in a group, play one and let me select next/previous song. Something simple please that I can use while I am jogging, instead of stop look at phone, ....
9. How do I change the name of an App or stop the name appearing on a live tile and overwriting other information on a tile.
10. Lastly I like to have a App where I can pin notes (not a list of notes). Is there anything available?
Your help is really appreciated. I had a similar headache with Windows 8 on a PC and it took two weeks to get it to work like a dream. My last phone (android variant) was simple, easy and working within 30 mins. I've spent a full day on it so far and am really struggling.
- 02-17-2013, 03:54 PM #2
1. The lock screen has time and date on it, just hit your power button and THAT is the first screen you will see.
2. If you contact a specific contact often, you can PIN that contact to your start screen. Go to that contact and then tap the pin at the bottom. Alternatively, the messaging hub should be pinned already, hit that, hit +, and then type your contacts name.
3. Settings > Ringtones & Sounds, Key Click.
4. Not sure its possible to remove this.
5. Black or White, unfotunately. White drains battery faster.
6. Settings, Theme. You have to have all tiles in one colour, unless you download a "tile" app such as Wiztiles
7. Cannot increase text size.
8. Not a big Music fan, but I find Nokia Music amazing, you can PIN mix radio mixes for quick access.
9. Not possible.
10. Many note apps on Marketplace.
- 02-17-2013, 03:58 PM #3
And just to be certain, you got the 610?? Or the 620?
The 620 will have different answers...
610 is not a WP8 device, you will be on 7.5 or 7.8 if you have a 610.
Hold a tile, if you have the option to resize its the newer 620.
- 02-17-2013, 04:30 PM #4
Most of the things that you see as a problem as in the WP design and won't change. I do appreciate InsertName's efforts to try and answer these questions. But honestly, if you needed 2 weeks to figure out Windows 8 PC, Windows Phone 8 is much restricted version of it. It does everything beautifully but you need patience to learn the new paradigm of design. You clearly want to hammer the thing in just one day! I would recommend a Nexus device.Patient Windows Phone User since October 2010 till cores and apps do us apart.
Read the rules before you post. If you post, we will assume you've read this already.
- By thaman04 in forum Windows Phone AccessoriesReplies: 14Last Post: 02-15-2014, 07:07 PM
- By dainla in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 11Last Post: 12-05-2012, 08:51 AM
- By Dark Mirage in forum Other OS's and DevicesReplies: 39Last Post: 11-25-2011, 08:03 AM
- By Judge_Daniel in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 11Last Post: 09-27-2011, 11:20 AM
- By 3migo in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 43Last Post: 06-25-2011, 10:26 PM