Local Scout Issues?

Keegan Pinto

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
I'm from Canada, meaning that I had to change my location to the US to even get the local scout icon...

That being said, Local Scout barely works. When I hit the icon, it shows 2 things for See+Do, and nothing for Eat+Drink or Shop.

Anyone else having these problems? It seems weird that they "couldn't find any nearby places in this category" even though there are plenty? There has to be a simple solution, I must be missing something... It has my location correct and everything.... Any help?

congusano

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm from Canada, meaning that I had to change my location to the US to even get the local scout icon...

That being said, Local Scout barely works. When I hit the icon, it shows 2 things for See+Do, and nothing for Eat+Drink or Shop.

Anyone else having these problems? It seems weird that they "couldn't find any nearby places in this category" even though there are plenty? There has to be a simple solution, I must be missing something... It has my location correct and everything.... Any help?

Possible this feature was only intended for the United States, so the information any GPS location has outside of the US isn't that populated?

allos autos

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Possible this feature was only intended for the United States, so the information any GPS location has outside of the US isn't that populated?

Here's the strange thing. Local Scout has always worked on my Samsung Focus, and it still does. The same list that is populated on the Focus returns with the same error that the other user is getting on my L920.

To the OP: you're not missing anything by not having Local Scout. Under "eat & drink," it points me to the middle of a public park to visit a restaurant that hasn't been in business for at least fifteen years (and located not in the middle of a creek when it was in business). Another nearby restaurant changed its name six years ago, but LS still has its original name. It could be that the POI database was so poor that they didn't want to be embarrassed. For reference I'm in K-W, Ontario.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo