02-18-2013, 08:36 PM #1
- 10 Posts
I'm from Canada, meaning that I had to change my location to the US to even get the local scout icon...
That being said, Local Scout barely works. When I hit the icon, it shows 2 things for See+Do, and nothing for Eat+Drink or Shop.
Anyone else having these problems? It seems weird that they "couldn't find any nearby places in this category" even though there are plenty? There has to be a simple solution, I must be missing something... It has my location correct and everything.... Any help?
02-18-2013, 09:37 PM #3
- 96 Posts
To the OP: you're not missing anything by not having Local Scout. Under "eat & drink," it points me to the middle of a public park to visit a restaurant that hasn't been in business for at least fifteen years (and located not in the middle of a creek when it was in business). Another nearby restaurant changed its name six years ago, but LS still has its original name. It could be that the POI database was so poor that they didn't want to be embarrassed. For reference I'm in K-W, Ontario.
- By Duvi in forum Windows Phone AppsReplies: 10Last Post: 12-29-2011, 10:27 AM
- By Exomondo in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 26Last Post: 12-06-2011, 09:48 AM
- By randywintle in forum Samsung Focus S 4GReplies: 3Last Post: 11-18-2011, 09:27 AM
- By Pete C in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 1Last Post: 10-13-2011, 03:24 PM
- By rsmiley0 in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 4Last Post: 08-12-2011, 12:31 PM