Straight Talk MMS (T-Mobile Sim)

ariesking79

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
I've seen a bunch of posts/answers on here regarding people with At&t compatible Straight Talk sim cards who have had issues with receiving/sending MMS. However, I haven't seen anything regarding issues with T-Mobile compatible Straight Talk sim. I have a T-Mobile HTC 8x and can't get MMS to work no matter what I put in the settings. I finally got the internet to work today now I just need some with the MMS. Could someone PLEASE help me out?

John Holland

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
May i ask u what u used for your internet to work. i have a nokia lumia 822 and got the straight talk tmobile sim card and i cant figure out what APN will work..the one straight talk provided dont work....PLEASE HELP

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
There is only one apn for Straight Talk on TMO sim: wap.tracfone (the same for Net10) I don't have a Nokia but if you have something like the HTC Connection Setup where you can edit the MMS settings, the MMS settings are: 216.155.165.40 (gateway), port 8080 OR 215.155.165.40:8080 and the mmsc is http://mms.tracfone.com - everything else should be left blank.

ariesking79

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
May i ask u what u used for your internet to work. i have a nokia lumia 822 and got the straight talk tmobile sim card and i cant figure out what APN will work..the one straight talk provided dont work....PLEASE HELP

The following settings got the internet working for me:

APN Name: Straight Talk
APN: wap.tracfone
Proxy: proxy.mvno.tracfone.com
Port: 8080

AnTonio Jermone

May 20, 2013
Visit site
STOP USING THE STRAIGHT TALK APN!!!!!! USE THE TMOBILE APN THAT IS PRELOADED ON THE SIM CARD!! MAKE ONLY ONE CHANGE!!! change the apn field to wap.tracfone ... i wasnt able to send pic mail when i was on the straight talk apn, but i decided to try the tmbile apn that was loaded with the sim card, and it worked, internet, text and pic mail. i can now send and receive pics without having to use an app

Last edited:

AnTonio Jermone

May 20, 2013
Visit site
use the tmobile apn that is already in the phone, change the apn field to wap.tracfone. remember you are using tmobile network and sim, so it makes sense to use their apn. i changed my apn to tmobile and it works

Last edited:

AnTonio Jermone

May 20, 2013
Visit site
delete straight talk apn, use the preloaded tmobile apn, dont make any changes, except to the apn field, should say wap.tracfone all else is the same

Last edited:

durhamdeleon

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
Looking for help. I have unlocked htc 8x on straight talk w/ T-Mobile sim. I have tried every option in this thread and many others and cannot get data connection to work also now not able to send texts with video, was able to send text w/ pic earlier, but now cannot. My phone has Europe/austrailis/new Zealand under regulatory and i'm wondering if that is why my screens for apn settings are not similar to what I've seen in photos and on youtube. Instead of cellular, mine has mobile network. Then I lastly tried the following (also including field descriptions), any suggestions or corrections are appreciated, thanks. FYI, not a techie.

Internet apn
APN wap.tracfone
Username blank
Password blank
Proxy server (URL) blank
Proxy port blank
IP type IPv4v6

mms apn
APN wap.tracfone
Username blank
Password blank
WAP gateway (URL) blank