Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

I've seen a bunch of posts/answers on here regarding people with At&t compatible Straight Talk sim cards who have had issues with receiving/sending MMS. However, I haven't seen anything regarding issues with T-Mobile compatible Straight Talk sim. I have a T-Mobile HTC 8x and can't get MMS to work no matter what I put in the settings. I finally got the internet to work today now I just need some with the MMS. Could someone PLEASE help me out?

May i ask u what u used for your internet to work. i have a nokia lumia 822 and got the straight talk tmobile sim card and i cant figure out what APN will work..the one straight talk provided dont work....PLEASE HELP

Global Posts
    2,717 Global Posts
    There is only one apn for Straight Talk on TMO sim: wap.tracfone (the same for Net10) I don't have a Nokia but if you have something like the HTC Connection Setup where you can edit the MMS settings, the MMS settings are: 216.155.165.40 (gateway), port 8080 OR 215.155.165.40:8080 and the mmsc is http://mms.tracfone.com - everything else should be left blank.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by John Holland View Post
    May i ask u what u used for your internet to work. i have a nokia lumia 822 and got the straight talk tmobile sim card and i cant figure out what APN will work..the one straight talk provided dont work....PLEASE HELP
    The following settings got the internet working for me:

APN Name: Straight Talk
    APN: wap.tracfone
    Proxy: proxy.mvno.tracfone.com
    Port: 8080
    STOP USING THE STRAIGHT TALK APN!!!!!! USE THE TMOBILE APN THAT IS PRELOADED ON THE SIM CARD!! MAKE ONLY ONE CHANGE!!! change the apn field to wap.tracfone ... i wasnt able to send pic mail when i was on the straight talk apn, but i decided to try the tmbile apn that was loaded with the sim card, and it worked, internet, text and pic mail. i can now send and receive pics without having to use an app
    Last edited by AnTonio Jermone; 05-20-2013 at 08:10 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Holland View Post
    use the tmobile apn that is already in the phone, change the apn field to wap.tracfone. remember you are using tmobile network and sim, so it makes sense to use their apn. i changed my apn to tmobile and it works
    Last edited by AnTonio Jermone; 05-20-2013 at 08:09 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ariesking79 View Post
    The following settings got the internet working for me:

APN Name: Straight Talk
    APN: wap.tracfone
    Proxy: proxy.mvno.tracfone.com
    Port: 8080
    all of that is garbage, use the tmobile settings.
    name t-mobile
    apn wap.tracfone
    proxy - not set
    port - not set
    mmsc- http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms.wapenc

mms proxy not set
    mcc 310
    mnc 260
    Last edited by AnTonio Jermone; 05-20-2013 at 08:07 PM.
    delete straight talk apn, use the preloaded tmobile apn, dont make any changes, except to the apn field, should say wap.tracfone all else is the same
    Last edited by AnTonio Jermone; 05-20-2013 at 08:08 PM.

How do you edit the T-Mobile APN? Mine only has the "activate" option.
    if you cant edit it, you should make a new one with the stored information that is already there, change the apn name though, to the wap.tracfone

Looking for help. I have unlocked htc 8x on straight talk w/ T-Mobile sim. I have tried every option in this thread and many others and cannot get data connection to work also now not able to send texts with video, was able to send text w/ pic earlier, but now cannot. My phone has Europe/austrailis/new Zealand under regulatory and i'm wondering if that is why my screens for apn settings are not similar to what I've seen in photos and on youtube. Instead of cellular, mine has mobile network. Then I lastly tried the following (also including field descriptions), any suggestions or corrections are appreciated, thanks. FYI, not a techie.

Internet apn
    APN wap.tracfone
    Username blank
    Password blank
    Proxy server (URL) blank
    Proxy port blank
    IP type IPv4v6

mms apn
    APN wap.tracfone
    Username blank
    Password blank
    WAP gateway (URL) blank