Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Hi all,

I've had my Nokia Lumia 920 for a few days now and I'm loving it.

I have an issue though and I'm not sure why this is. It doesn't hamper day-to-day use but it does make things somewhat untidy...

When I transferred and sync'd my contacts over my to new phone, I went through the 'people' tile and linked together the various phone numbers, e-mail accounts, facebooks and twitters to the correct corresponding people, keeping everyone's junk together in one single contact icon for them.

However, there are sometimes up to four 'linked contacts' per account; for every person linked they have about 4 'Microsoft Live' and 'Hotmail' links, multiple links to the same e-mail addresses etc.

Once they're all linked together it's no bother, but I don't understand why it's doing it, or how to make it look more tidy.

Also, it seems to be the case that on syncing contacts from time to time, accounts that I've already linked to the appropriate person duplicate and appear again in the People hub, meaning I have to link that e-mail account to the correct person for sometimes the 3rd time.

I seem to recall I had a similar issue on my previous phone, a HTC Desire HD which was of course, Android.

A picture speaks a thousand words - surname hidden

Any and all help appreciated, thanks.
    Hmm that's weird, something I haven't seen since the WM5 days. Anyway once you initially link the contacts on another phone they are permanently linked. It might be possible that the new links created duplicates.

Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    As I say, once they're linked together it doesn't appear to cause me any issues like duplicate e-mail addresses to send to, but it's just a bit untidy.

I've just scrolled through my People tile and found 2 contacts have spawned 2 more linkable-contacts each.

Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    No one else has this problem, or any advice?

I have this problem as well, but I haven't found any solution to it. It's really annoying because I've got multiple post of everything so in some contacts there are up to ten linked accounts.

I saw this on my Dad's 620 and he asked me for advice. I'll check his handset out tonight. He's syncing from Hotmail too. Did this start after Outlook.com came out of preview the other day?

Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    I don't know as I've only had my phone a week; I don't use Outlook and haven't activated an account for it on my phone - Just hotmail, live, and gmail.

Have you checked people.live.com or the contacts on outlook.com? If duplicates are showing up there, you may clean them up with the clean-up feature. Also, windows phone is able to add the same hotmail/live.com/outlook.com (or Microsoft Account) multiple times, so you may also need to check there

Hi I've had the same problem since my Samsung Focus WP7, now im on nokia 820 and those duplicate contacts have been following me for years
    Go to outlook.com and go to contacts and clean up duplicates. It's a very simple process.
    Patient Windows Phone User since October 2010 till cores and apps do us apart.

Read the rules before you post. If you post, we will assume you've read this already.