Phone stolen

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Sign into your account on windowsphone.com

Use the "Find My Phone" feature. Also use the remote lock/wipe just to be safe.

Skynetz

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, but that's working only if my sim is in the phone activated and the phone is on, right ?
Doesn't it send controls to the phone using sms ? Because it asks me every time to type my phone number.

BeaverJuicer

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
At the worst, assuming you activated it previously, it will tell you where it was last before the SIM was removed... Assuming someone didn't take it out right away, it could still give you a good bearing on their location.

rbxtreme

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
Im guessing once any new sim, gets popped in the phone uses that number to send some,kinda S.O.S to preconfigured numbers and also tracks the phone,last best known position. All this if the find my phone feature was configured. Hope you find,it .

KorJax

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
No, because when I got to the computer, the phone was off, so I could't do anything.

Keep trying. If someone found/stole it they have to turn it on eventually.

Is there a way to scedule constant "find my phone" updates until it succeeds? That way you don't have to babysit it until it says it successuflly found/locked/whatever it.

Keep in mind most theives won't be smart enough to immediately remove the SIM (assuming it is tied to a sim, and not to your serial number) - they'll want to check the phone out to make sure it works first.

Skynetz

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Keep trying. If someone found/stole it they have to turn it on eventually.

Is there a way to scedule constant "find my phone" updates until it succeeds? That way you don't have to babysit it until it says it successuflly found/locked/whatever it.

Keep in mind most theives won't be smart enough to immediately remove the SIM (assuming it is tied to a sim, and not to your serial number) - they'll want to check the phone out to make sure it works first.
If the phone is off you need the pin to unlock the sim, so there's no point of trying, because it won't work, he can't activate the sim, no sim no find my phone I worry.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
The phone isn't tied to your sim... Your Microsoft account details would still be in the phone without the SIM, so if they connected it to WiFi, you would be able to remotely wipe it, map it, lock it, ring it, etc. The caveat is that if you enter the lockscreen code incorrectly enough times, it will wipe the phone, and then no, the Find My Phone system wouldn't work. Here's to hoping that it was stolen by an idiot that doesn't know this.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)