HTC x8 / WP8 issues

adams2233

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Hey all,

I have noticed a couple of issues with my HTC 8X that are confusing me.

1. The first is that the USB does not sync to my car (2010 Cadillac SRX) so I can't play music. Anyone else?
2. Next I've noticed that when the bluetooth is paired to my car the voice controls stop working
3. Also when paired to my car over bluetooth, I have noticed that calls become static sounded/garbled often, and I need to restart the phone to fix. This happens when not paired as well. Anyone else share this issue?

Thanks,
Ryan

danattdanatt

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I have it connected to my jawbone bt headset and the sound quality is shocking. Just doesnt work. The volume is low and scrabbled..

Dan

AR2186

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
Hey all,

1. The first is that the USB does not sync to my car (2010 Cadillac SRX) so I can't play music. Anyone else?
2. Next I've noticed that when the bluetooth is paired to my car the voice controls stop working
3. Also when paired to my car over bluetooth, I have noticed that calls become static sounded/garbled often, and I need to restart the phone to fix. This happens when not paired as well. Anyone else share this issue?

Thanks,
Ryan

1. USB doesn't seem to work with my 2013 Jeep Wrangler, but I'll double check on that tonight.Try streaming music over bluetooth, it works flawlessly for me and sounds great
2. I can't get the phone to respond to commands over the cars microphone, and have read numerous reports of this problem with other WP8 devices. I think at this point it just doesn't work.
3. Haven't had any problems with calls or call quality in my car, never had to restart

Overall, I'd suggest you look for an upgrade to your cars radio/bluetooth firmware, as it may solve a number of the problems.My 8x also works really well with my girlfriends Fiat 500 (which, although still manufactured by Chrysler, uses a different radio / software program than my Jeep).

Mike Waechter

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Just an update, the only way to fix the issue is to reboot. I did have it occur when I was playing a game and talking at the same time. The phone was getting quite warm to the touch, it stopped the crackle once I placed the phone next to the air a/c vent.

andrew120

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Ryan,

Have you tried to address this question on a forum run by Microsoft staff?

Windows Phone - Microsoft Community

I suggest you also post there.
Reply back here if you get a good answer.

Hey all,

Thanks,
Ryan

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss