Anyone else having problems with live account on WP8 since the merge from older account to Outlook?

JHunsaker

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Starting on Feb. 19, 2013 my verizon HTC 8x which is tied to my live.com account will no longer send text messages, cannot sync my email, people hub crashes when selecting a person, and several other things. I was wondering if anyone else is suffering from the same thing and whether or not this could be tied to Microsoft merging the msn/live account to Outlook.com? Also, was wondering if anyone has advice on what I should do? I wonder if the Portico update maybe handles this situation, but I have not received the update on my Verizon HTC 8X.

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
It would not be the merge, since as you said it is affecting your texting ability and that has NOTHING to do with the Live account.

Have you restarted the phone lately? I'd give it a soft reset (hold volume down + power) and see if that helps. It is for sure a software issue specific to your phone since the issue crosses over so many features.

JHunsaker

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
The reason that I think it is tied to my live.com account and Microsoft merging to Outlook.com is because everything else works. My peoples hub still syncs with facebook and twitter, my other email accounts still work, and my live tiles still work. Only things that are tied to my live.com account are what seem to be broken and that just seems very odd that this is the first time it has ever occurred which also happens to be the same day the merge to Outlook.com took place.

JHunsaker

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Well I just got the Portico update and that fixed my problems. So if anyone else with a HTC 8X and a live.com account who is experiencing problems, the update should fix it.

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Wouldn't have any effect on texting. Don't think it's related. But good for you that you got Portico.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss