skype not updating the chat and takes long time to connect.

holzlondon

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I posted a similar question in a different forum here: Does Skype actually stay online in the background for anyone since it's last update a few months ago? Mine never works in the background, no calls, messages or anything. It always has to reconnect when I start it.

Please tell me I'm not alone here...

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
Skype right now is pretty much the same as it is on Windows Phone 7. It closes down and you log off as soon as the app exists. You get no notifications, you can't change status to anything other than online and offline, you can't send pictures, you can't log out. It's a piece of **** app in its purest sense.

holzlondon

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Skype right now is pretty much the same as it is on Windows Phone 7. It closes down and you log off as soon as the app exists. You get no notifications, you can't change status to anything other than online and offline, you can't send pictures, you can't log out. It's a piece of **** app in its purest sense.

Well, at least I know I'm not alone with this problem. I wish I hadn't "updated" when the last version came out. How can they upgrade and take away the background functionality, and people integration. It was working at least, if not quite perfect. It was a real step backwards....

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
I think this whole 'you remain online in the cloud' is bullcrap. Who wants that? What advantage is there of this? Use a push notification service to maintain online status and use fast resume and 90% of the problems with this app will be solved. This is how it's done in ALL chat apps, even on iOS and it works great. Heck even the lazy as **** WhatsApp developers managed to do this (except fast resume) and chatting on that app is much more intuitive than on Skype at the moment.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
on my 920 I get calls and notifications instantly but most of the calls I get are from system maintenance spammers telling me I need to upgrade to something or other and I just block them.

MacDaMachine

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I get notifications fine. The only problem I have is I can't call people. They have to call me. If I call them it will not connect no matter what. If they call me it always works.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo