HTC One's BlinkFeed...WP's worst nightmare come true?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rickosw

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I know there are major differences between Blinkfeed & Live Tiles ...but the general public dont ...

Just an off the air comparison ...

Blinkfeed content providers : see link

HTC Launches Blinkfeed with the new HTC One — HTC Blog

HOW MANY ACTUAL WORKING LIVE TILES app does WP have ? - can anyone give a rough estimate?

I think definitely way more than HTC "associated partners" ... :winktongue:

like what AngryNil commented I hope Microsoft is very happy with their signature partner.... (now we know the TRUE REASON why HTC wont make a REAL FLAGSHIP for Windows)

this is where i strongly believe NOKIA & Windows should STEP UP THEIR GAME & Continue to make more "EXCLUSIVE & USEFUL Apps TOGETHER" & Improve the overall Windows Phone experience. (includes improving LIVE Tiles)

Plus Point: After a while when you get sick of BLINKFEED => Due to extreme battery requirements ... - guess what you cant REMOVE THEM! - WOOOHOOO !!!http://www.pcworld.idg.com.au/article/454484/htc_blinkfeed_can_t_removed_from_your_home_screen/

HTC has confirmed its new BlinkFeed home screen can't be completely removed from the flagship One Android smartphone.

Last edited:

mrdeeds_72

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
WP has to be cognizant of blinkfeed only for the fact that people are already getting it confused with live tiles. Blinkfeed to me is a more robust Flashback, but with a processor and ram to handle it.
Sent from my HTC 8X using Board Express

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I thought you were thought done with android? I recall reading that you were wanting to switch to windows phone and leave your RAZR behind. But now you have a nexus 4? How is it?

sent from my jelly bean flavored note 2

Yes. I still love Windows Phone. But NeXus 4 was too tempting. Not just the specs were impressive, the OS received some fantastic reviews from bloggers here in India and around the world. Its just plain awesome. Fast. Snappy. And beautifully stunning. And for this price, its a steal. I didn't pick WP8 for a couple of things.
A. Its too expensive here.

B. Though I liked the HTC 8S the most, its hardware lacked severely.

C. Other phones looked strictly average to me (design wise).

Sent from my Π Σ Χ U S 4.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
So in android everything can now be standardized using an app? All my widgets, no matter what app I install before or after standardization will automatically have themed widget? Yes, thankfully I don't own an Android, even ?200 of Nexus didn't tempt me because investing double the price in Nokia's camera made more sense than buying an average spec phone that needs huge processor to run the OS and in turn a huge battery to keep up with processor! But, let's learn a little about android on WPCentral if that's how it is.

WPmunkey

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
That was true in 2010, but not anymore. There's a lot of very popular apps on Play Store that come with widget 'suites' if you will, that not only give you a standardized appearance that complies with Google's "holo" design standards but each one of these suites also has other developers separately designing dozens of themes for that suite of widgets. No offense but a lot of people are incredibly misinformed about current Android trends. I don't mean that in a critical way, because it's understandable that if you don't own one you're not going to be bothered keeping up on what other devices are doing. So because of that this is what happens: People see images of a brand new Android out of the box, see the often not very attractive skin the Manufacturer slapped on it, and say "oh what a mess". What you're missing is the incredible world of customization people are doing out there.

Ok dude we get it, Android used to run like dog crap now it runs less like dog crap. To me it seems the same. JB runs alright but I've never used an Android that I felt was on par with either of my WPs (7 and 8). Nexus devices are a different story but GS3, HTC One, and Droid whatevers can die a slow death.

elvisgp

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Stunningly beautiful? My friend has it, and even though I'm sure it's good, it's not nice looking, actually, I find it - if not ugly - simply mundane.

Everyone's entitled to their own opinion. I personally find holo more attractive than metro.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

johninsj

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
OMG yes this is the worst nightmare for WP8. Not the sub 3% market share. No, it's a widget that implements something that sorta looks like tiles. Yeah. Game over, HTC has cracked it.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Everyone's entitled to their own opinion. I personally find holo more attractive than metro.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

I've noticed those who don't find metro attractive, don't know good looking people and may have terrible taste in apps, because metro is as beautiful as things you pin.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
He said beautifully stunning. You even quoted it.

There's a question mark. You even quoted it. It may be because English is not my native language, but "beautifully stunning" just doesn't make any sense to me. "Visually stunning", yes, I'd understand that, but beautifully stunning? That's the reason there was a question mark. Please explain what it means, and why it doesn't say that he finds the phone's design nice. And if then my statement doesn't make any sense as a response, I'm sorry.

I'll still find the Nexus 4's design boring, but then it would be just an out of context opinion. ;-)

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
I've had to delete several posts from this thread. Some of which were violating the sites rules while others were in reference to them. Now if we want this thread to remain open and maintain posting privileges on this site we must remain civil and on topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99