02-22-2013, 01:27 PM #1
- 22 Posts
don't know if this was covered already and/or if this is an OS issue or an app issue
I'm using Weave reader for news. I had disable background running for this app due save on battery juice.
yesterday an update was available for the app. I installed it
today I notice background setting for that app have been reset and it was again running in background.
Pretty annoying actually. app updates should respect the settings you have set for them...
but again it could be a Weave issue or a OS issue.. not tested it with other apps...
- 02-22-2013, 03:19 PM #2
Agreed. The recent Weave update also re-enabled its permission to run in the background on my phone. Do all apps have a unique ID that doesn't change following an update? If so, an app's permission to run in the background should be tied to it by the OS.
- By BaritoneGuy in forum Windows Phone AppsReplies: 5Last Post: 03-12-2013, 09:00 PM
- By ImAdrian23 in forum HTC 8XReplies: 3Last Post: 01-16-2013, 11:06 AM
- By kenzibit in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 2Last Post: 05-27-2012, 12:28 PM
- By MadSci2 in forum Windows Phone AppsReplies: 9Last Post: 03-15-2012, 06:35 AM
- By TheWeeBear in forum Windows Phone AppsReplies: 7Last Post: 03-17-2011, 11:08 PM