[Updated 19th July 13] Apps with beautiful large tiles (double-wide ONLY)

summer600

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Apps with beautiful large tiles (double-wide ONLY)

Perhaps add example tiles with the apps listed. Everyone has a different understanding of decet/beautiful.

peacock93

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site

Are some of these just double wide on WP8? On WP7.8 WPCentral is the only one that works for me other than the original Microsoft ones.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site

Perhaps add example tiles with the apps listed. Everyone has a different understanding of decet/beautiful.

That's my idea. Will install once we have a good number on the list and take screenshots of all of them in double wide style. If anyone is already using them, they can save me downloading and setting up the tile by sharing their screenshots! :)

sueha

May 31, 2012
Visit site

I love PHOTOSTREAM. It lets you have images in the widtile based on your search strings (e.g. hot girls, landscapes etc.) or simply editors'/community picks from 500px, Flickr etc. They also support your lockscreen, which can be changed every 30 minutes. I love love love this app! And the free one has all needed features. Give it a try!!

WavingReds

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site

Cocktail Flow has a beautiful wide live tile for those who loves mixing up their drinks every Friday Saturday and Sundays!

Andi_N

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site

AppoinTile
XBox Music Tile (when there's music playing and if there's an album cover)
Windows Phone Insider

*I like Soundhound's tile. But the images are low-res.

kittshelby

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site

Let's just keep it to point. List of apps that we know has beautiful live tiles and that you pin only as large tile because it makes your phone.. well, beautiful?

Hahaha, know exactly what you mean.

For me the apps I have pinned with double wide tile that I actually need and it looks awesome are:

- Appointile
- Xbox Music (at least when music is playing)
- TVShow

And the apps I have pinned as wide tile just cause they look awesome (i.e., I don't actually use them much and I could set them as small/medium tile):

-UrbanSpoon
-CamCard
-Chimpact
-Robotek
-Wheel of Wealth
-Guns4Hire
-Dredd vs Zombies
-Weather Flow (I also have the lockscreen set for this app; I find myself rarely looking at the weather, it's there just cause it looks good)

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site

Hmmm, can't see why someone hasn't mentioned Facebook yet.

Does it show anything other than the cover pic?

Hahaha, know exactly what you mean.

For me the apps I have pinned with double wide tile that I actually need and it looks awesome are:

- Appointile
- Xbox Music (at least when music is playing)
- TVShow

And the apps I have pinned as wide tile just cause they look awesome (i.e., I don't actually use them much and I could set them as small/medium tile):

-UrbanSpoon
-CamCard
-Chimpact
-Robotek
-Wheel of Wealth
-Guns4Hire
-Dredd vs Zombies
-Weather Flow (I also have the lockscreen set for this app; I find myself rarely looking at the weather, it's there just cause it looks good)

Wow, I thought I was the one pinning away for the sake of beauty, but your list is way longer!
Is Robotek same as Robotech?
Also, the games you listed, do they actually do anything like flip for different image/score etc or is it just the huge tile with attractive game photos? Rotates or stays the same one?

Andi_N

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site

I forgot Snes8X! Long time gamers will have a soft spot for this app's tile :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mducros