[Updated 19th July 13] Apps with beautiful large tiles (double-wide ONLY)

IceDree

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Mehdoh & WhatsApp have a Double-Wide Tiles , but I'm not sure it shows anything other than the logo in the middle .

Also , HTC Double-Wide Tile is beautiful , i like it a lot !

The Music+Video Double-Wide tile is awesome .... When there's an artist picture ... Thankfully that's where MPAtools comes in handy .

You got the rest of my suggestions covered :) I'll keep you posted with anything new i find !

ggonzalez777

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Metrotube, especially if you pin the subscribed tile. 9gag is great, its a 4 Chan picture viewer I believe. Kindle has a nice double wide tile for books pinned. Astronomy hub, one of my favorites apps. Also, one I wish would have a better use of double wide tile, Nokia drive+. It desperately needs my commute enabled. I remember when they announced it, that the double wide tile would display the up coming traffic and time ETA. I'm even more pissed that in today's event, that's now here drive + still in beta. Complete bs.

FUS3360

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
Re: Apps with beautiful large tiles (double-wide ONLY)

Tv show, music tile (when playing music), WPCentral, Amazing Weather, Vimeo..

Bugbog

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

Mos definitely! Fuse does not even come close!. As far as I'm concerned, with it's new content layout, it has left Fuse in the dirt! I can spend ages just looking at its Wide screen tile; It's just beautiful! (It uses the same sort of algorithm for displaying content as the Pictures Tile, only content display carousel's faster!)

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site

Mos definitely! Fuse does not even come close!. As far as I'm concerned, with it's new content layout, it has left Fuse in the dirt! I can spend ages just looking at its Wide screen tile; It's just beautiful! (It uses the same sort of algorithm for displaying content as the Pictures Tile, only content display carousel's faster!)

Mos?

ololmarc

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I thought ESPN doesn't even have a live tile! Also aren't Skype, Skydrive and Calendar apps just tiles? On Skype and Calendar you just get notifications where as Skydrive is just a blue logo, no?

Never played words with friends, does it do anything nice on double wide tile?
ESPN has live tile support only during the game when it is happening supporting only one team. I always use it

nokia3660

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site

Here Maps & Here City Lens (that is Nokia Maps & Nokia City lens for you) have double tile, but not 'alive'. Speed test has a double tile that will display the last tested date,time and speed (nothing exactly a beauty thing, I know :wink: )

joe_easton

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site

I think that Urban Spoon, Trip Advisor and Photos are great.

I have a question, why does the music live tile only show the artist art when the music is playing? In WP7, it used to show the last artist you played. I liked this as it was another expression of who you are. I am rarely on my start screen while music is playing.

Any thoughts?

IceDree

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I also found those :
? Astronomy lock screen (it shows the picture of the day) .
? Lock screen Text (it shows your text) .

Those don't show anything beside their logo in their Double-Wide Tiles :
? Photofunia .
? Blink .
? Baconit .
? NFC LaunchIt .

I'll keep you posted on what i find .

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member