[Updated 19th July 13] Apps with beautiful large tiles (double-wide ONLY)

ggonzalez777

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
After checking some more of my apps I found these:

Custom tile maker - you can pin a double wide tile that rotates through a selected photo album. I use it just have a text header for a group of apps.
Fantasia Painter - Normally the tile would just have the fantasia tile artwork. If you customize any of your pics, and save them, they will rotate on the tile as well. Nice touch.
Note+ - You can pin a note in all three sizes. The only downside is that it shows the note on the backside of the tile instead of efficiently using the front side.
Skype - Shows a tile count and a preview of the message along with who sent it.
Package tracker - The double wide tile is the best choice because it displays the update counter, the package name, last scan, and timestamp all on the front side of the tile.

fernandogonzalez

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Brit + co - this app has recipes, DIY projects, furniture, tecnology and other lifestyle articles, and today it got an update which included a double wide tile!

unreal_rik

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Re: Apps with beautiful large tiles (double-wide ONLY)

Sorry for double posting but I just had to share this. In your face HTC hub ;)
TimeMe

EDIT---
Sorry but I tried this app and the live tile updates like twice every hour so it's pretty useless.

Last edited:

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site

Keep it coming guys! 55 new apps discovered so far, that can beautify phones. Anything left out?

ggonzalez777

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site

Engadget just updated their app and its got a gorgeous double wide tile with latest news update counter. The app interface is also more in line with the website and is super smooth. They really knocked it out of the park.

th0mas96

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site

If you have a developer unlocked device, TimeMe is perfect! The dev, Arnold Vink, provides a xap for unlocked devices that updates every minute.
wp_ss_20130320_0001.jpg

dainla

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site

I love Chronos. It's at the top of my screen. If you find the right picture, it looks fantastic. wp_ss_20130320_0001.jpg

Amazing Weather HD is at the bottom.

mzetko

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site

The Quote tile looks quite nice too ;-) (but the lockscreen images are better)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism