Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree95Likes
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,535 Global Posts
    the fact that PutridPixel technology needs kernel level processing to work (which is what WP restricts THANKFULLY) is a sure sign that HTC knows NOTHING about imaging. If you need that kind of low level access to take a ****ing picture, you are doing it wrong.

As someone else put it, HTC has exclusives, they just suck. And the exclusives the NEED to update like HTC CONnection Setup, they SCREW their users so they can't change the APN properly.
    Thanked by:
    aubreyq and hipporama like this.
  2.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by jlynnm350z View Post
    I didn't know Windows 8 was out for a year. Thought its only been out for several months, to the public anyway.
    Correct... Windows Phone!
  3.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by Spencer Prince View Post
    Correct... Windows Phone!

Global Posts
    502 Global Posts
    Windows Phone-sus saving the mobile industry. Lord Bill Gates and King Elop along with .. Ballmer..

It's amazing how WP is actually starting to be the enterprise dominant phone. A company a day to adapt Lumia Phones.

yes they did say that look it up and i hate htc for that but love my lumia 920!

Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    Oh good lord. Its stated above but yes. It happens on IOS, Android and by god. Windows Phone. However with the statement above about Nokia needing to release several more types of phones. Keep in mind they can barely keep up with making their Lumia 920's.
    Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Board Express

Global Posts
    4,822 Global Posts
    PIN
    Email
    It's actually good for the platform.
    Right now, HTC is being slaughtered on all fronts. Soon, assuming the One fails, they'll be backed into a corner and forced to innovate, like what happened to Nokia.
    And, that is what I am hoping for. Actual innovation.
    There's a reason for Nokia's utter domination of Windows Phone: their PureView cameras, their PureMotion tech, their Super Sensitive Screens, their HAAC microphones, the Fabula design language, their shells, their exclusive apps, and the list can go on and on and on.
    My point is, I want innovation, not crap Android re-releases. HTC has moved a step in the right direction. What I want is more from them.
    Quote Originally Posted by ammarmalik2011 View Post
    HTC puts a lot of efforts in their software, and Android just gives them the freedom to do that. Nokia was never known for their software, which is why Windows Phone is optimum for them.
    sorry, but... Nokia is known for software. Up too about 2011, it had the most popular OS in the world.

Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Nokia is NOT known for software? Where did Symbian come from, offering features and customization even WP is not there yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by killachandra View Post
    Nokia is NOT known for software? Where did Symbian come from, offering features and customization even WP is not there yet.
    re read what I said, they are known for software

nokia was known for its software for a very long time, and is very popular even now around the world.
    they were actually the leaders in phones for that time with symbian. i was a Nokia symbian maniac since they started making touch screen phones. the only problem with them was that they never got into more high-end features apps and phone designs like the more popular OS's have now, so their phone sales have gone down drastically with people buying them second hand more than new at stores. they have the n8, n9 meego,(which the lumia series was based off of) the asha and 808 pureveiw among them. the 808 is the greatest camera phone that's ever been made with its 41 mega pixels.

many of their phones are considered lower end smartphones as well which doesn't sell well in america where many people need the higher end ones for business and work. they are however pushing these WP phones to the limit and making as many deals for app's and exclusives as they can because they are riding on it to survive in the industry. im really happy they are doing it too with these pushes their making a comeback and showing who's who for the long run. i love nokia and hope they make it!

HTC is good but they really just don't care when it comes down too it, their more invested in the android side than windows, so really their too blame if your seeing Nokia more than HTC when it comes to windows, just like with android i dont even know another android phone at the moment because of S3 and note since their pushed out there with all of these amazing things they have.
    Thanked by:
    Banned

Global Posts
    727 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fallax View Post
    I think there are people with loud voices waiting outside your house for saying that. Nokia has for a long time made software. Called Symbian (sp?).
    Yes and it killed them eventually. Nokia can't make decent software if their life depends on it. They tried with Symbian Touch but it was a horrible disaster. Then they gave up and went with an OS they wont have to develop.
    Banned

Global Posts
    727 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by killachandra View Post
    I'm talking about Nokia of the years ago. That was a different Nokia. I'm talking about Nokia in the touch screen world, where Symbian failed miserably and Nokia's inability to create a touch based OS was exposed badly. Even Nokia had no confidence in their software capabilities which is why Meego, which even in 2010 was more capable than WP8, was abandoned.
    Banned

Yea... Windows phone 8 for a year?? Lol you hgh?
    aubreyq likes this.

Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Well... Despite Nokia losing money like the dickens last year... I see them having a better chance at surviving to relevance than HTC. So even if this is true... I can understand MS pushing Nokia as the flagship. Won't mention Samsung since they've reached parity with iphone using Android. We all know where their money lies.
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,360 Global Posts
    1080p on a smartphone screen is useless. Already the L920 nobody can resolve pixels, so it's a pointless pixel race beyond that. It's much better to invest in better battery tech & GPU.
    Thanked by:
    wpn00b 
    KHROMAsynthetik and Jaskys like this.

every time I see thread like this I feel better.
    Banned

Global Posts
    604 Global Posts
    Im sick of samsung and htc for not giving a crap about WP, they made phones and almost completly abandoned them and left at **** place, while nokia does all the hard work to get WP popular.
    Im a htc owner and my mistake was to buy htc instead of nokia.
    I hope htc goes bacrupt after samsung galaxy 4 comes out.
    aubreyq and sueha like this.

Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    guys, I have to correct something. Nokia was never known for software.

about Symbian, Symbian was taken "in house" around the same time that elop became CEO. In fact, that is why the latest version of Symbian has been renamed Nokia belle.

even with Symbian, Nokia did horribly. Symbian is like android, the OEMs skin it themselves. Nokias s60v5 skin was so much worse than Samsung's and Sony Ericsson's it wasn't even funny

Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Nokia does not do Android, bet everything they had on WP, and therefore have a bit of exclusivity for all their money into WP.
    I fail to understand why so many people hate that...
    Thanked by:
    aubreyq, Residing, sueha and 1 others like this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,535 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
    They never said that, or I don't recall them saying that. It will be in the next round of WPs from them.
    Zoe Camera not coming to Windows Phone, confirms HTC - Pocket-lint

They very much said that.

Global Posts
    1,462 Global Posts
    I think the 8x is too much like android

Global Posts
    935 Global Posts
    So what doe's this have to do with Microsoft? NOKIA is releasing exclusive Apps for THIER phones.

smdh
    I think HTC is still more into their Android devices where as Nokia is committed to it's Windows phone 8 devices.

I've had 5 HTC devices and it's made me truly hate them. I know that the 8s is a low end device but it gave me massive sms issues and the fact that I couldn't change the OS language to German angered me. Come on this isn't android stop limiting things like that. I have a Nokia 620 now and I can change it to any language.
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,576 Global Posts
    I've revised my earlier opinions about this. It seems to me that Nokia are filling some very noticeable holes left by MS with WP8 - A top notch Turn by Turn Navigation app being the most obvious example. If these holes didn't exist, or were more easily filled by 3rd party developers as is the case with Android/iOS, people would care as little about Nokia apps as they do about Motoblur, Touchwiz, or Sense apps on android devices. Nobody cares about the apps Android OEM's put on their phones because they're extremely expendable. They don't even give it a second thought. WP8 needs to fill these gaps so no single OEM possesses "must have" apps, or even apps that are clearly better than anything you can get on the Windows Store.

From my perspective the solution is simple. Stay away from WP8 devices that are priced on par with other flagship phones offered by Android or iOS until it fleshes out some more. Luckily you do have that option. For $250 off contract you can get a lot of bang for your buck with a Lumia 620 which is what I might do to dip my toe into WP8 rather than diving right in. I think a lot of people are more upset because they have being locked into 2+ year contracts at stake (or spending over $600 outright) so they're more invested in which WP8 maker offers more advantages. I would be annoyed if I had spent $600 or used up my 2 year contract too. Although being forced to either use specific carriers you may hate, or having to buy a $600+ phone off contract and unlocking a phone to use on another carrier who doesn't officially support your phone due to exclusivity deals is also a hassle. I wouldn't do it.
    sravanv likes this.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast