Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree95Likes

Well of course, since Nokia is only focusing on WP. MS can't spend money on HTC when they are producing Android phones also.

Quote Originally Posted by dula714 View Post
    Microsoft invested in Nokia, so expect Nokia to have an upper hand.

Global Posts
    2,570 Global Posts
    After this next disastrous quarter HTC will have a come to Jesus talk and decide whether throwing money into the android black hole is still worth it.
    aubreyq likes this.

Global Posts
    273 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rdubmu View Post
    sorry, but... Nokia is known for software. Up too about 2011, it had the most popular OS in the world.
    Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Board Express
    Their software is what nearly killed them...Symbian was something they bought and then brought in house...
    Yes, they were known partly for software, but in a most negative sense!

The software apps they are releasing however are nothing short of awesome...Kudos to them

Global Posts
    460 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by boovish View Post
    I think the 8x is too much like android
    How?

Global Posts
    888 Global Posts
    Another stupid thread.

Global Posts
    1,387 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MDboyz View Post
    Well of course, since Nokia is only focusing on WP. MS can't spend money on HTC when they are producing Android phones also.
    Actually, Microsoft partnered with HTC for the 8X and 8S, and invested pretty heavy marketing dollars apparently. It also launched Portico on the 8X first.

Fast forward to February 2013, and HTC shows off a vaguely Windows Phone-like home screen on an Android flagship with 32/64GB of storage compared to the insane 4GB 8S and 8/16GB 8X, then says Windows Phone isn't good enough to support its camera technology. Good use of time and money, Microsoft.
    Thanked by:
    aubreyq, a5cent, hipporama and 2 others like this.

Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Nokia is the beat thing that ever happened to WP, from amazing exclusive apps like city lens, Nokia music, maps, etc to exclusive features like preview, OIS, wireless charging. I'm a pround owner of lumia 800 and 920. HTC new droid flagship is an April fool's joke of ultra pixel and non sense. Lumia is the real deal. The support Nokia is shown to wp7.x devices is brilliant ! So please be thankful for Nokia
    Thanked by:
    wpn00b 

I'm a HTC 8S owner and yes, price and my refusal to to pay EE'S extortionate tariffs for LTE in the UK that led me to this phone. I'm happy with with my 8S, but there's no getting away from the sheer sexiness of the Lumia 920. Now the UK's 4G auction in finished, my Next mobile will be a 4G Lumia 820. Good luck to Nokia, iPhones are SO overrated and I refuse to join that sad herd of apple lovers :-)

Global Posts
    2,874 Global Posts
    Nokia just did another positive PR job for WP, where are HTC and Samsung? That's why they are the #1 WP OEM. Time to stop moaning about Nokia and direct these questions to your buddies in Taiwan and Korea.
    I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
    kevinxb likes this.
    I think it is great that the "HERE Apps" are now released for all platforms. Nokia has done more for this platform then any other manufacture. HTC has released the most phones but most of them were original WP7 Launch devices. I think it is great that Nokia has released their own in house apps for the whole ecosystem. Without Nokia, I wouldn't want to imagine where WP would be right now.
    a5cent likes this.
    So, now that so many of Nokia's apps are available to everyone... is anyone sick of not getting any of the HTC or Samsung exclusive apps? Like how dare they, right?

If I ever see another thread with this topic I'll go ballistic.
    sravanv likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,576 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by a5cent View Post
    So, now that so many of Nokia's apps are available to everyone... is anyone sick of not getting any of the HTC or Samsung exclusive apps? Like how dare they, right?

If I ever see another thread with this topic I'll go ballistic.
    Ima making one now. :D
    a5cent likes this.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123