IE10 question, YouTube is a joke

Sutter Kain

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
I use YT quite a lot and was shocked when discovered that wp8 app is just a shortcut to the mobile version of site. Is there a dedicated app coming in the future?

Next thing is IE10 which doesn't play many of videos on the web (Flash i guess). Is there a way to watch them, or I'm left in the dark?

devize

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Try MetroTube, it works great.

As for videos on the web, if it is a flash video it won't work. Just like on iOS (and Android now, unless you sideload it). I have found that quite a lot of videos I've tried viewing work for me.

sym1a1a

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Try supertube, metro tube these are the best yt apps on WP I use supertube, but I hear that metrotube is pretty good as well, the WP yt app isn't really an app so much as just a wrapper

Sutter Kain

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
I know that MS is talking that google makes it rought for them with YT and FB, but still i look forward for nice and official aps of both sites.

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
I use the full YouTube site, it works great for everything I need to do on it. Reason other sites don't work is because they're using the aging and dying flash plugin, the sooner web devs drop flash for html5 the better off well be.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
People say metrotube is soooo good but if i'm listening to a song and decide to go in another app, the video stops? Really??

Ok. No problem there. That's fine. But when I go back to metrotube I need to start the video all over again!?

CJ Thunder

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
YouTube acts weird on my desktop. IE10, W8 Pro 64bit, it has to be IE10. Anyone else have stuttering videos or videos that will not load?

On my phone, MT seems to fix these issues.

Doom At Last

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
People say metrotube is soooo good but if i'm listening to a song and decide to go in another app, the video stops? Really??

Ok. No problem there. That's fine. But when I go back to metrotube I need to start the video all over again!?
Something to do on your side, when I switch back to MetroTube app, it plays where I left off.

FinancialP

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site

Yeah I hate that.

I must say, MetroTube is one of the best apps I've ever used, period. Because of the "reply to" option, it's on par or better than Googles own app on Android. Minus the preload features of course.

smoledman

Banned
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Considering Microsoft & Google are at war, there will never be an official WP8 app. Very sad to see Windows Phone users locked out of native-clients for Google services.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss