- 02-24-2013, 03:40 PM #1
I want to make some instructional videos for WP8, and rather than record myself via webcam, it would be easier to just screen record my PC and chop it up in a movie maker.
How would i get a PC, WP8 emulator? Other than the Microsoft dev tool.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
- 02-26-2013, 06:41 AM #4
I don't understand why Microsoft doesn't provide the USB video out software it uses to demo Windows Phone on stage to developers. Not everyone has a powerful, touch screen PC to smoothly navigate the emulator. There's no on-device screen recording, so let us record on our PCs through video out.
The homebrew community released a similar (if not identical) package to Microsoft's official one for fully unlocked Windows Phone 7 devices, available here. Of course, fewer and fewer developers are going to see worth in it as we move to WP8.
- 02-26-2013, 10:11 AM #7ATIV S is LIFE
- 02-26-2013, 10:33 AM #8
Uh, no, not that. That's a different matter entirely unrelated to what we're talking about.
There was rumored to be part of the SDK where you could basically Remote Desktop from your PC into your Windows Phone, so that the phone display would show on the PC, and developers can more easily make video or give demos of their applications. From everything I've seen, that doesn't seem to have shown up though.
- By FriendOrDafoe in forum OneDriveReplies: 1Last Post: 11-12-2012, 02:43 AM
- By budney in forum WindowsCentral.com - Site News, Feedback, HelpReplies: 5Last Post: 10-31-2012, 11:01 AM
- By sphenodont in forum SprintReplies: 13Last Post: 10-22-2012, 10:15 PM
- By RobCRD in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 6Last Post: 01-08-2012, 08:38 AM
- By markyo2012 in forum AndroidReplies: 0Last Post: 08-27-2011, 06:01 AM