Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Hey,

I want to make some instructional videos for WP8, and rather than record myself via webcam, it would be easier to just screen record my PC and chop it up in a movie maker.

How would i get a PC, WP8 emulator? Other than the Microsoft dev tool.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Anyone?

The only way you can get it is the "devtool" (aka Windows Phone SDK).

Global Posts
    1,387 Global Posts
    I don't understand why Microsoft doesn't provide the USB video out software it uses to demo Windows Phone on stage to developers. Not everyone has a powerful, touch screen PC to smoothly navigate the emulator. There's no on-device screen recording, so let us record on our PCs through video out.

The homebrew community released a similar (if not identical) package to Microsoft's official one for fully unlocked Windows Phone 7 devices, available here. Of course, fewer and fewer developers are going to see worth in it as we move to WP8.

Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by futurix View Post
    The only way you can get it is the "devtool" (aka Windows Phone SDK).
    I downloaded the SDK, but my PC doesnt support the emulation side of it... sucks:/

Global Posts
    8,086 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AngryNil View Post
    I don't understand why Microsoft doesn't provide the USB video out software it uses to demo Windows Phone on stage to developers. Not everyone has a powerful, touch screen PC to smoothly navigate the emulator. There's no on-device screen recording, so let us record on our PCs through video out.
    Wasn't there supposed to be some sort of Remote Desktop video out for developers to use coming with WP8? I wonder what ever happened to that.

Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Wasn't there supposed to be some sort of Remote Desktop video out for developers to use coming with WP8? I wonder what ever happened to that.
    I'm not sure what your trying to do?

There are several good Remote Desktop Apps in the store! I have 2 of them "ConnectMe" & "PC Remote Pro" and if you want to make apps you need Windows 8 PC with WP8 SDK!
    ATIV S is LIFE

Global Posts
    8,086 Global Posts
    Uh, no, not that. That's a different matter entirely unrelated to what we're talking about.

There was rumored to be part of the SDK where you could basically Remote Desktop from your PC into your Windows Phone, so that the phone display would show on the PC, and developers can more easily make video or give demos of their applications. From everything I've seen, that doesn't seem to have shown up though.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Uh, no, not that. That's a different matter entirely unrelated to what we're talking about.

There was rumored to be part of the SDK where you could basically Remote Desktop from your PC into your Windows Phone, so that the phone display would show on the PC, and developers can more easily make video or give demos of their applications. From everything I've seen, that doesn't seem to have shown up though.
    Sorry I didn't know....

This sounds very interesting if true! I would like to know how to do this! Maybe its something apart of the upcoming Blue SDK? 😎
    ATIV S is LIFE