- 02-24-2013, 06:28 PM #1
Excuse the direct title, but topics are often introduced in an agree/disagree fashion.
So my complaint with the new Bing Vision is in the text recognition. On my Omnia 7, I can point at text such as Chinese or Russian and it is recognised as text and you can translate it in place.
On my Lumia 620, not even European languages are recognised if they have any extra squiggles. No matter how clear the text is, it is ignored. English is recognised fine, but that's not very useful to me.
This seemed like a good place to write this down. It's one of many downgrades I've uncovered in WP8. I forget some of the others but I think I posted it already.
In the meantime, does anyone know an app which can do what Bing Vision used to do?
- 02-25-2013, 05:00 PM #2
isn't the translation done by Bing Translate ? The app or the Camera Lens ?
I'm new to Windows Phone , but last week I translated a Chinese text via Bing Translate , I just opened Bing Translate , Choose Via Camera & pointed the camera towards the text ! It showed me the translation over it !
05-10-2013, 04:42 PM #3
- 1 Posts
Just question. The text, that you tried translate, was it on monitor screen or paper? WP8 is worse then WP7, when reading from monitor screen. Here is some info about that: Point and Call, a dialing alternative for Windows Phone 8 | Windows Phone Central
- By bradleyj in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 4Last Post: 02-20-2014, 10:12 AM
- By ny_yankees in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 5Last Post: 02-25-2013, 04:18 PM
- By jdhooghe in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 51Last Post: 02-12-2013, 12:46 AM
- By ahhk22 in forum Upcoming & Rumored Windows PhonesReplies: 0Last Post: 09-16-2012, 09:42 AM
- By StanYau in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 4Last Post: 10-10-2011, 04:43 PM