Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,576 Global Posts
    I've noticed that pretty much every non-LTE Lumia now only have 512 RAM: 720, 620, and 520. This concerns me because I'm wondering if there's any possibility that future WP8 updates over the next 2 years may require devices with at least 1GB RAM. I've seen this question pop up in comments quite a bit. Do you think it's a valid concern? Mind you, at $250 off contract it's not a huge deal, you just ditch it when it becomes an issue but I am curious if anyone thinks this might happen.

Global Posts
    1,376 Global Posts
    Do you own one of these devices? If not then why are you concerned? Again, someone on this board worrying themselves over things they have no control over. Either that or just taking a nice Monday morning troll down the way.
    Support your third-party developers. There just about all we have...

certain HTC owners also....
    If they do, i'd get back to android again. Oh wait, they don't upgrade either..
    Ergo, I don't care.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,767 Global Posts
    Yep, it would affect the 8s and Ascend W1 users as well.
    Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    7,164 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gsquared View Post
    Do you own one of these devices? If not then why are you concerned? Again, someone on this board worrying themselves over things they have no control over. Either that or just taking a nice Monday morning troll down the way.

It is against the forum rules to call someone a troll. If you can't make a positive contribution to a thread don't post. Please review the forum rules.

Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by omniusovermind View Post
    I've noticed that pretty much every non-LTE Lumia now only have 512 RAM: 720, 620, and 520. This concerns me because I'm wondering if there's any possibility that future WP8 updates over the next 2 years may require devices with at least 1GB RAM. I've seen this question pop up in comments quite a bit. Do you think it's a valid concern? Mind you, at $250 off contract it's not a huge deal, you just ditch it when it becomes an issue but I am curious if anyone thinks this might happen.
    Why I ordered the 920. I know, well I hope lol, that with dual snapdragon s4's and 1 gig ram will keep this phone in the front of updates and maybe get wp9 if/when it comes.

Personally, I don't mind getting left behind with a midrange device on WP8. Sooner or later windows phones will support 1080p screens and additional new features. When that time comes, it's time to upgrade anyway.