Number of mobiles for each contact

VKSNDjRC

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys, I have WP7 and here we can add ONLY ONE mobile number for each contact.
Now, I was just wondering, did MS changed that in WP8 or it's the same?
TNX :)

Vuk

VKSNDjRC

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I was asking about phone numbers, MOBILE? :) In WP7 we can add only one mobile number, but there is 2 for work and home...

aubreyq

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Maybe someone who actually has a WP8 should answer. The first question I asked to someone who had a 920 here on the forums was if we could add a second mobile number. He answered "yes" but it'd be nice to get confirmation. To the OP, you should try the 920 forum and ask there.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
EDIT: (I stand corrected, you can have two mobile numbers per contact)

There are two solutions to this issue.

#1: Add any mobile numbers to the house or work numbers.

When you tap text (SMS) in the contact field. It will by default use the mobile number for the contact.

After you tap text (SMS) at the bottom there are four buttons you can push, the fourth one to the right has two arrows. Select this and from their you can a few options of where you want to send your text too.

First one is in bold which is by default the mobile number. The 2nd and 3rd options are messenger and Facebook messaging.

The last option is "more phone numbers". Once you select this you get the other numbers even if they are work, home or company.

#2. The second option is pretty easy. You can add a new contact with the same name and add a mobile number. From there you can merge the contacts in the people hub.

Hope this helps you.
Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express Pro

IceDree

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Yes , You can save more than one number per contact . My own contact have 4 mobile numbers in it !
BUT the maximum limit for Emails you can add is 3 ! if you add more than 3 Emails to a contact in OutLook , only 3 Emails will show up as Emails & The rest will show up as "Notes"

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb